Can not launch Age of Empires II

CyrusTheGreat1

Posted 11 September 2021 - 6:47 pm
Hi

All of the sudden I cant play Age of Empire II HD Edition form Vooblly. Please plese help. I've tried all the threads but still see the same issue. This is what I get from Disgnostics:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location.

I've tried steps to delete the aoc folder and restart but still issue persists even after logging out and rebooting PC etc etc. Nothing seems to work. So frusrtaing as I love this game and used to play ti with no issues on Vooblly. Please help
Many thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:19 pm
Please paste us the results of the network diagnostics / game diagnostics. Thank you. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 CyrusTheGreat1

Edited 13 September 2021 - 11:16 am by CyrusTheGreat1
Hi Chris

Thanks for reply, Thought I alredy did but here goes ):
Game Diag:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location.

Network Diag:
Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

I've also attached as image

Thanks
Attachments:
AOC GAME DIAGNOSTICS.jpg (file size: 83.48 KB)
network diagnostics.jpg (file size: 91.97 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:24 am
Your game was not detected by the Voobly client. Please perform a clean installation of the game.
AOK/AOC: [You must login to view link]
AoE II HD: [You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts