Integrated Graphics Card Issue

themasquerade

Edited 3 September 2021 - 5:14 pm by themasquerade
Hi, My computer has two graphics card as you can see in attachment picture.

You must login into Voobly to view image

Defaultly, game is running on Intel UHD Graphics (low one). Towards the middle of the game, when 200-300 unit soldiers start fighting, FPS will drop to 5-10.So, I want the game run on strong GPU,which is NVIDIA.I tried couple thing but none of them was works.

The things list I tried;

-Changed the default GPU of the game from the NVIDIA control panel.
-Changed the default GPU of the game from Windows->Settings->System->Display->Graphics Settings
-Also tried to right click the game and select NVIDIA GPU when starting the game, but when I try this, the game does not open at all.

That's it. If anyone helps me I will be appreciate.
Attachments:
First picture.png (file size: 5.9 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 4 September 2021 - 10:47 am
Hi,

Make sure your Graphics Drivers are all up to date.

Nvidia: [You must login to view link]
Intel: [You must login to view link]

Even your Intel UHD 630 Graphics card is capable enough to handle game like Age of empires 2, you don't need a more powerful GPU to run this game.

The fps drop could be due to some other reason, such as network lag or other background activity.

Scan your full system with a proper Antivirus (not just Windows Defender) and make sure your Port is forward (UDP: 16000) to play this game smoothly online.

[You must login to view link]

Also try this to fix game lag:

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 September 2021 - 11:56 am
You should consider disabling the on-board graphics chip in your BIOS configuration and then making sure, that your monitor is plugged into your graphics card. The screenshot from task manager window shows your NVIDIA graphics card being idle, while there are activities on your on-board graphics chip.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts