Empire Wars on Voobly

fpracing1

Posted 7 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
You're welcome! I hope more people collaborate with this project. Everybody can help, it's not to difficult and in 15 minutes you can make a map. ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 CrazyBa2na

Posted 8 September 2021 - 1:31 am
It is not possible to create this with rms (random map script)?

Basicly I picked an base map rms file and added those. What I cannot do is to place mill to berries and mining camp to gold or stone. According to [You must login to view link] it would be possible with actor areas, but I have no success with it.
Code:
<OBJECTS_GENERATION> create_object LUMBER_CAMP { set_place_for_every_player max_distance_to_players 30 place_on_forest_zone find_closest actor_area 1242 actor_area_radius 4 } create_object HOUSE { number_of_objects 6 set_place_for_every_player min_distance_to_players 7 max_distance_to_players 12 avoid_actor_area 94 avoid_actor_area 40 avoid_actor_area 8 avoid_actor_area 9 avoid_actor_area 99 avoid_actor_area 171 actor_area 51 actor_area_radius 5 } create_object VILLAGER { set_place_for_every_player number_of_objects 10 min_distance_to_players 4 max_distance_to_players 7 find_closest actor_area 8 actor_area_radius 4 } create_object VILLAGER { set_place_for_every_player number_of_objects 5 min_distance_to_players 4 max_distance_to_players 7 find_closest actor_area 8 actor_area_radius 4 } create_object VILLAGER { set_place_for_every_player number_of_objects 5 find_closest actor_area_to_place_in 1242 min_distance_to_players 6 max_distance_to_players 6 } create_object VILLAGER { set_place_for_every_player number_of_objects 5 find_closest actor_area_to_place_in 1241 min_distance_to_players 6 max_distance_to_players 6 }
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 8 September 2021 - 12:34 pm
Yes, you may be able to place the camps and villagers relatively close to the resources but I didn't look into it because it didn't solve the main issue of Empire Wars which is having villagers working at the start of the match. In order to have that we need to manually task villagers to resources using triggers and then it's not too much effort to also place the camps properly.

Also, the actor_area commands you mention only work in DE, not in our UserPatch, at least according to the guide I use:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 CrazyBa2na

Posted 8 September 2021 - 10:11 pm
Ah, thanks for explanation.

Are there already some scenarios to download?
We have an upcomming Lan Party and I would like to create empire wars tournament.

I would also create an Scenario in return.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 9 September 2021 - 11:50 am
CrazyBa2na wrote:
Ah, thanks for explanation.

Are there already some scenarios to download?
We have an upcomming Lan Party and I would like to create empire wars tournament.

I would also create an Scenario in return.
I currently have 4 working maps, you can see a counter in the main message of this thread. If you want to use them I can publish them although we haven't yet programmed the random selector in the patch and won't do it until we have a good sample of maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 __Saladino__

Posted 13 September 2021 - 9:22 pm
pls traigan el EW
Link | Reply | Quote
 Toogen

Posted 13 September 2021 - 9:24 pm
Ya traigan el Empires wars a Voobly!!! Siemrpe será la mejor plataforma esta, no tiene que haber ningun tipo de duda!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 16 September 2021 - 8:36 am
We currently have 10 maps ready for the mod. It's not too far until we have a somewhat decent sample and are able to implement the game mode.

Come on people send us maps!
Link | Reply | Quote
 fpracing1

Posted 17 September 2021 - 4:50 pm
;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 RenatoTapia

Posted 19 September 2021 - 5:49 am
buy a nice pc and the DE and is done
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 19 September 2021 - 9:40 am
and throw it in the trash when Microsoft stops supporting the DE servers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +mikael@voobly

Posted 19 September 2021 - 3:27 pm
Quote:
you can buy it for me ?
you can spend money to 100 000$ tournament so you have money :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 1 October 2021 - 10:32 am
We have started a tournament to create Empire Wars maps. If you had some maps and had not sent them yet or were considering creating some, now it's your chance to be rewarded for your effort:
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/340759/
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PrcVE]ILoveCumans

Posted 4 October 2021 - 5:24 pm
I'm sorry for not sharing this before, I saw this thread like 3 weeks ago (I think) but didn't give it much importance, also I was a little busy back then, anyway: like 3/4 months ago i downloaded a random map in AoK heaven called "Empire Wars Arabia" that actually works, the only 2 drawbacks is that you need to specify that you wanna play in the feudal age before starting the game and that you have to manually put villagers to work.
It's so easy to find, just enter the AoK heaven page and click in "random maps", it's gonna be in the first page, probably you'll have to give credit to the guy that created the RM if he allows you to use their work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Edited 4 October 2021 - 5:39 pm by +pablo@voobly
I'm sorry but if you have to manually put villagers to work, it's not the Empire Wars mode, it's just a map with more villagers on it.
The purpose of this thread and the contest is to create scenarios that feel like Empire Wars.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 48 posts