Empire Wars on Voobly

[PrcVE]ILoveCumans

Posted 4 October 2021 - 6:13 pm
Yeah but atleast it has the extra buildings aswell, as said in the page: 5 farms, 1 blacksmith, 1 barracks, 6 houses, 1 mill and 400 extra wood to make the drop points (lumber and mining camp)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Edited 4 October 2021 - 6:50 pm by +pablo@voobly
The script I prepared also adds some of the buildings, at least the ones that can be randomly placed and don't need to be near resources. Also, that script presents some balance problems:
  • The mill doesn't appear next to the berries in most of the generations, as it's impossible to control that. One of the reasons the creator decided to change additional buildings for the wood to build them. This makes the mill a bit redundant as it appears too close to the TC to serve as a second "farm base" and too far from other food incomes.
  • The berries being that close to the TC means that sometimes they get surrounded by houses and are unaccessible.
  • The berries are always covered by the TC so this map may give a boost to strategies highly depending on food, as there is no way to raid the berries. Another level would be a frank scout build.

Don't get all this as me trying to disprove the script or the creator. I value the effort he put into at least get closer to the Empire Wars mode and everyone is free to use it. However, in order to have an Empire Wars map, we need the resource camps close to the resources, which this map can not do, and the villagers working on it right away, which can only be done with the scenario editor.

All those things can be done by creating individual scenarios, that's why I wrote the guide this thread is for.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PrcVE]ILoveCumans

Posted 4 October 2021 - 8:23 pm
Yeah, i get your point, thanks for taking the time to check it out. Btw, great job developing the WK DE mod and the 1.6 patch, aswell as the several DE visual mods that are out there (i know that you are not the only one involved in their creation so this goes for all of them :) )

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]
Displaying 46 - 48 out of 48 posts