Cannot find Scenario folder in Windows 10

Samy123

Posted 17 July 2021 - 8:13 am
Hi,

I am using windows 10 64 bit system.

my scenario folder for the game should be here.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game\Scenario

but i dont see any maps in the above folder like BF lord, CBA etc... because of which when i host a game and try to load the scenario it shows only default maps like MSR, MSR2 etc.

but i can join a game and play it doesn't show that i don't have map, i can play without any issues, which means maps are there in my system but hidden somewhere. tried googling and all a lot but no luck.

can you help me find the folder where the scenario maps are being stored? or can you give me the custom maps like BF lord, forest prison with roads, green Arabia etc...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 17 July 2021 - 9:24 am
If that's the folder that voobly uses, you should have a folder called "Voobly Mods" in there, this is just in case you have another version of the game or the compatibility patch folder lying around.

Now, the next question is if you play the scenarios in basic AoC or with any data mod (Allied Vision, Wololo Kingdoms...). In that case, the scenarios are stored in the mod's folder, located in "Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\Mod_name".
Link | Reply | Quote
 Samy123

Posted 17 July 2021 - 6:49 pm
thanks, i found the maps in the below folder.

Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\DE Balance - Allied Vision\Script.RM\

but still i cannot host it. when i try to load random map scenario it shows no maps.... :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 17 July 2021 - 7:30 pm
If I'm not mistaken, for those maps to appear in the game when you are the host, you must copy those maps to the following address: Microsoft Games / Age Of Empires 2 / Scenario

Then when you make a room and create a game, you can see them and put those maps into play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 17 July 2021 - 7:41 pm
Quote:
Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\DE Balance - Allied Vision\Script.RM\
That's the folder for the random maps. Scenarios should be stored in the "Scenario" folder. At least that's where the ones I make end up. I'm not sure if what Altair_Ibn says is true and from the mod you can access the main scenario folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Samy123

Posted 17 July 2021 - 8:21 pm
@Altair_Ibn
tried it already it does not work. when i host and try to load map it shows no maps
Link | Reply | Quote
 Samy123

Posted 17 July 2021 - 8:26 pm
when i say scenario maps i am talking about RM scenario's like BF lord Green arabia etc. not the custom scenarios like cba.

i found the maps here Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\DE Balance - Allied Vision\Script.RM\

but dont see the maps when i open game and try to load scenario. so i have tried to copy the maps to C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game\Scenario

still don't work. i also tried to host room and use the patch V1.5 DE balanced and mod as DE balance - allied vision.

still it doesn't work. it shows no map when i try to load random map scenario
Link | Reply | Quote
 Samy123

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:48 pm
some after many tries now i am able to find the maps and host game. however i cannot play in hd resolution... but thats another days topic. thanks a lot for the help guys :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 18 July 2021 - 1:09 am
I'm happy for you and I'm glad you were able to solve at least one problem :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts