Large font mod not working

Belleroph_pwn

Posted 1 July 2021 - 12:06 am
How do i get the AOM large font mod to work?

I had it working last night but today it's back to tiny font when i launch the game through voobly. I can't see the amount of villagers on resources very good.

My display resolution is 1920 x 1080. I've tried to change the setting in the menu option of the game to 1024x768 and also by right clicking on the AOMT short cut properties>target xres=1024 yres=768.

When i launch the game through voobly it reverts back to 1920 x 1080. If i cancel multiplayer from within the game and go to options and click "ok" it will put my screen to 1024x768 and the font works.

I actually like this better because the TC's on the minimap also show up a little larger. The problem is the settings don't stay when i exit out of the game and go back to the voobly lobby.

How do i fix this so it's permanent or even get it to work temporarily right now on multiplayer?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Belleroph_pwn

Posted 1 July 2021 - 5:29 am
I was able to fix the problem myself without using the enlarged font mod.

I created a user.cfg file with notepad in Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\startup folder. In that file i placed this line

xres 1024

Then save. This overrides the profile settings. You could also make it 1280, 800, etc.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts