MS combat flight simulator

Raydome

Posted 15 March 2021 - 10:32 pm
Hi all. I just joined Voobly. I am trying to learn the basics of the site so some of my old school flight sim buddies can get together and play CF1 on Voobly. The install was easy enough. The problem is that when I try to host a game, purely as a test at this time, I get a msg that Voobly has stopped working and a report is being sent to MS. I have looked through the tech support knowledge base, deleted and reinstalled and gone down a few other rabbit hole with no luck. I spent about 1\2 an hour looking through the forums with no luck.
I get to the lobby fine but that is as far as i get. What am I missing?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 16 March 2021 - 3:29 pm
Hi,

There is a high probability the error is because of the game which is not properly installed. If you have the game from a Genuine source (in a setup.exe form) then use the Game Diagnostics tool from Voobly Lobby Menu > Options > Game Diagnostics. If it successfully detects the Game Path, then game hosting will not result in Crash.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Raydome

Posted 16 March 2021 - 7:54 pm
DOom
Thank you for the reply. the game diag was the first thing I tried. I get a "game diagnostic unavailable" msg
the cd-rom game plays well all by itself on my PC. Just cant seem to get past to lobby.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Raydome

Posted 25 March 2021 - 4:40 pm
Well its been ten days. I have messaged two people with Voolby addresses and no response. I really want to be part of this gaming community but it seems no one cares about this technical problem(except DOom...Thanks again). So I suppose I'll give it another day or two then just delete it all and consider it a lost cause. Thanks for reading this. I hope your results are better. I suppose i'll just go back to fighting with cheaters on PUBG.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 26 March 2021 - 6:04 am
The Crash issue has been reported to the Voobly Developer. Hopefully it will be fixed on next Update.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Raydome

Posted 8 April 2021 - 1:10 am
DOom
Thank you.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts