About DE

30_vobi

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:45 pm
Hi! I'm new on forum. But I play AOE2 since my childhood and it means like for 12 years. I have question:
There is a mod named DE Balance.. But it doesn't include all civs in Definitive Edition. Are the modders adding them in updates or something? If it doesn't I'm planning to give my work for it. I mean i can spend my next summer with that. I don't know these creating, patching mods things, yet. But I believe i can manage to learn it. If someone enlighten me or the other people like me, i'd be appreciated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [New_ITA_]GorLeon

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:54 pm
https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1371/WololoKingdoms-DE
Link | Reply | Quote
 30_vobi

Edited 17 February 2021 - 12:15 am by 30_vobi
Thank you for answer. But I was talking about DE Balance. Because it's free. I don't have to buy AOC2 HD to play DE Balance. Actually I bought Definitive Edition on Steam. But my computer doesn't have the requirments yet. So I'm hanging out here. There is free wololo kingdoms too. I can play it. But I think i can not play the mod in this link :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:43 am
Wololo Kingdoms DE requires an installer that checks for legitimate copies since it adds content only available through DLCs of the official game. We put it as a necessity, as we explain in the mod's page. Any other mod that attemps to add officially released civilizations has to be aware of copyright problems, and Voobly staff is super cautious about it.

If you have Definitive Edition you can play with the mod, as you'll pass the license check.
Link | Reply | Quote
 30_vobi

Posted 17 February 2021 - 1:31 pm
+pablo@voobly wrote:
Wololo Kingdoms DE requires an installer that checks for legitimate copies since it adds content only available through DLCs of the official game. We put it as a necessity, as we explain in the mod's page. Any other mod that attemps to add officially released civilizations has to be aware of copyright problems, and Voobly staff is super cautious about it.

If you have Definitive Edition you can play with the mod, as you'll pass the license check.

I see.. So why Voobly allow for DE Balance? Doesn't copyright issue include that?

Really? So it means I can play Wololo Kingdoms DE without Age of Empires Definitive Edition. I mean yes I have it.. but i don't need to run it for this mod. If it works, then my problem solved :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 17 February 2021 - 1:39 pm
30_vobi wrote:
I see.. So why Voobly allow for DE Balance? Doesn't copyright issue include that?

Really? So it means I can play Wololo Kingdoms DE without Age of Empires Definitive Edition. I mean yes I have it.. but i don't need to run it for this mod. If it works, then my problem solved :)

Most of the new civilizations of DE Balance are from the Forgotten Expansion, which originally was an unnofficial one so one could say they are free to use. Regardless, everaoc and the voobly staff will have more details. What I can tell you is that the first version of WololoKingdoms DE, which had no requirements, lasted online for about 4 hours, before voobly took it down and contacted me. A week later it was reauploaded with the installer.

The installer of WololoKingdoms DE checks wether you have Age II HD or Definitive Edition installed in your computer but you don't need to ever use the games to be able to use the mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 30_vobi

Posted 17 February 2021 - 7:50 pm
+pablo@voobly wrote:
Most of the new civilizations of DE Balance are from the Forgotten Expansion, which originally was an unnofficial one so one could say they are free to use. Regardless, everaoc and the voobly staff will have more details. What I can tell you is that the first version of WololoKingdoms DE, which had no requirements, lasted online for about 4 hours, before voobly took it down and contacted me. A week later it was reauploaded with the installer.

The installer of WololoKingdoms DE checks wether you have Age II HD or Definitive Edition installed in your computer but you don't need to ever use the games to be able to use the mod.

Wow, thank you so much for the informations, man :) I'm really enlightened about it. Keep up your great work!
Link | Reply | Quote
 amiiir

Posted 17 February 2021 - 9:03 pm
+pablo@voobly wrote:

so does that mean that there must be a way to use WK DE without buying HD ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Edited 17 February 2021 - 9:37 pm by +pablo@voobly
amiiir wrote:
so does that mean that there must be a way to use WK DE without buying HD ?
Not legally unless you own Definitive Edition.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts