Most users showing as FP

HungryGnat

Posted 17 October 2020 - 7:10 pm
For the last few days when I join a game room, most users appear as FP to me, and likewise I appear this way to them.
I have never had this problem in all my years of using voobly, it has just started in the past week. I have, and always have had, a solid internet connection > [You must login to view link]

I have not changed any settings or altered anything on my pc/voobly/ao or otherwise that would cause me to be showing as FP and most users to appear that way to me now. I have tried joining the site over several computers and different drives, and it is still the same!

Anyone any clues as to what might be going on?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 17 October 2020 - 7:19 pm by hassan
Hi there.

Some ISPs tend to undergo changes on their networks, and maybe change their policies concerning port forwarding or providing a dynamic or static IP, etc. So people in general, might face in a certain point, some FP problems, especially if they didn't configure their port forwarding correctly.

Before jumping to that conclusion, I would ask you please to provide us your network diagnositcs result. You can do that from your lobby on Options -> Network Diagnostics and then run it. You can copy/paste it there or you can eventually take a screenshot of the window.
Link | Reply | Quote
 HungryGnat

Posted 17 October 2020 - 7:28 pm
Thanks for the reply hassan, here's the results:

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 17 October 2020 - 7:32 pm
Alright. I would like to ask you if you previously configured the port forwarding (opened the 16000 UDP port) on your router toward your PC ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 HungryGnat

Posted 17 October 2020 - 7:38 pm
Never touched anything on the router, ever. It's always worked just fine without needing to adjust or set anything.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 17 October 2020 - 7:40 pm
Well, Voobly requires to do a port forwarding (16000 UDP for your case) on your router. Please provide me the model name of your router so I can help you step by step doing that. Also, make sure you have the access to your router (the username and the password).
Link | Reply | Quote
 HungryGnat

Posted 17 October 2020 - 7:45 pm
i don't have the details for the router (its an isp provided box) and no username or password, so I'll need to get back to you later with that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 HungryGnat

Posted 18 October 2020 - 4:19 pm
UPDATE:
Hassan, I think I have the situation fixed now. I used the free version of port forward and the info on their site and was able to forward the ports on my router. Ive tried a couple of games and the problem has disappeared, hopefully for good!

Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 18 October 2020 - 4:52 pm
Hello there.

I'm happy you succeeded doing that. If you have any other problems, please don't hesitate to comeback here, we'll be glad to help you. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts