The Conqueror Error

nlnjaht9671

Posted 15 October 2020 - 7:06 pm
Hi, I need help, I tried playing Age of Empires II: The Conqueror with a friend and it throws me the following error;

An error was detected while the game started to initialize.
Please try again. If the game it still open please close it.

Make sure you have installed the latest updates for the game (you can check your version by lauching with the ant-cheat off).

If the problem persists try launching with the anti-cheat disabled.

Do you want to run game diagnostics tool now to check for game installation problems? **Running the diagnostic tool is strongly recommended!**

The game I bought recently to be able to play it since I previously had the pirate game and they did not want to give me support with Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, but now that I buy it the error appears in Age of Empires II: The Conqueror try to play

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
Checking 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists ...
Success!
Checking 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists ...
Success!
The path of voobly is 'c:\program files\voobly'
The game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Checking 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Game\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists ...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries ...
Searching for dpwsockx.dll ...
Looking for dplayx.dll ...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes
DirectPlay Start Successful!
Analyzing Installed DirectPlay games ...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
The game was found in the Direct Play registry!
DirectPlay thinks the game is installed in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
The DirectPlay command line is 'lobby'
DirectPlay thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying the existence of the file... Success!
DirectPlay thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll
Verifying the existence of the file ... Success!
Parsing 'c:\program files\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything seems to work properly. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on the hard drive. If you're still having trouble, try closing and opening the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 15 October 2020 - 8:09 pm
Hello.

I see you already posted a thread with the diagnostic tool showing errors : https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/331004 . You also have mentioned you bought it, which is great to keep it legal, following our Code of Conduct.

So my question is : Did you buy the original CD or the Age of Empires II HD from Steam?

If it's the original CD, I would recommend you to completely uninstall the game from the control panel, then follow this link : [You must login to view link]

If it's the Age2HD from Steam, follow this link : [You must login to view link]

Give me your feedback once done.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nlnjaht9671

Edited 15 October 2020 - 11:13 pm by nlnjaht9671
hassan wrote:
Hello.

I see you already posted a thread with the diagnostic tool showing errors : https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/331004 . You also have mentioned you bought it, which is great to keep it legal, following our Code of Conduct.

So my question is : Did you buy the original CD or the Age of Empires II HD from Steam?

If it's the original CD, I would recommend you to completely uninstall the game from the control panel, then follow this link : [You must login to view link]

If it's the Age2HD from Steam, follow this link : [You must login to view link]

Give me your feedback once done.

Hello again, I went where you told me but when you download the files they have the same name as "aok_patch" and I wanted to ask if it is the patch for "the conquerors" but with the name "aok"?

I forgot about the question, I used Original CD (when I made the previous post) but I bought the game again but Digital because of the error but after playing 7 games I think it plays after 3 days I missed the error that I put but Voobly said that goes perfectly
Attachments:
Captura.PNG (file size: 3.58 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:32 pm
Hello.

Yes indeed, you can proceed. Tell me if it works out after doing eventually a game diagnostic.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nlnjaht9671

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:29 am
I finished installing the game and the Patch 2.0a of Age of Kings but the one of The Conquerors I do not have it and the one on the page is the Age of Kings
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
I fixed the link on Voobly HQ. You should now be able to download the latest official patch for AOC.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nlnjaht9671

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:39 am
Hello and thank you very much for fixing the download although those two patches are applied voobly when entering a game lobby, I used them but it does not work either, it throws me the same error
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 17 October 2020 - 1:35 am
Hi.

Can you do again a game diagnostic, copy/paste it here ? Also, be sure you're using our original installation, instead of the pirated one you downloaded from Internet.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nlnjaht9671

Edited 17 October 2020 - 7:02 am by nlnjaht9671
It is the same error, I have the original disc that I bought several years ago with the expansion that are 2cds and for some reason when I install voobly it lets me play normally but then no
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 17 October 2020 - 4:35 pm
The game I bought recently to be able to play it since I previously had the pirate game and they did not want to give me support with Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, but now that I buy it the error appears in Age of Empires II: The Conqueror try to play
It is the same error, I have the original disc that I bought several years ago with the expansion that are 2cds and for some reason when I install voobly it lets me play normally but then no

That's a bit contradicting, isn't it ?

It would be better for everybody if you explain honestly your situation. To sum it up, if you still own the pirated game, we don't provide any support about it, and you might face problems like this one using that version. I would highly recommend you to buy the original CD (available on multiple platforms like Amazon etc.) or the Age of Empires II HD available on Steam. You can use it legally on Voobly with the compatibility patch we have made available for that purpose.

I hope you understand my message. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 nlnjaht9671

Edited 17 October 2020 - 8:20 pm by nlnjaht9671
hassan wrote:
That's a bit contradicting, isn't it ?

It would be better for everybody if you explain honestly your situation. To sum it up, if you still own the pirated game, we don't provide any support about it, and you might face problems like this one using that version. I would highly recommend you to buy the original CD (available on multiple platforms like Amazon etc.) or the Age of Empires II HD available on Steam. You can use it legally on Voobly with the compatibility patch we have made available for that purpose.

I hope you understand my message. :)

If I understand perfectly but the game that throws me error is the same, I have the original cd that I bought several years ago, this has happened to me before but I stopped playing because I did not know how to solve it and now that I want to play it I want a solution

To try to solve it, download a pirate one but it stopped working after a while 1 day I think
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 17 October 2020 - 8:57 pm
To try to solve it, download a pirate one but it stopped working after a while 1 day I think

This is the issue, you must go buy an original copy of the game. We understand you had it several years ago but you must now rebuy the game in order to play here on Voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
 nlnjaht9671

Posted 18 October 2020 - 2:36 am
There is no way to solve the problem which is not because Voobly says that everything is perfect, without buying the game again?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 18 October 2020 - 3:09 am
There is no way to solve the problem which is not because Voobly says that everything is perfect, without buying the game again?

Correct. You must buy the game in order to play. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts