Sounds from the game room

+pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 15 October 2020 - 5:17 pm
I have noticed that the game rooms not always reproduce sounds. I may be in some other window and, when I get back to the room window, there are some messages that haven't toggle an alert. Same thing happens with players joining the room.

I'm certain that it's not related to my computer's audio and I'm suspicious that it is related to minimizing and switching windows. Is this programmed somewhere or should I try to categorize better the behaviour?
Link | Reply | Quote
 simolkaw

Posted 17 October 2020 - 1:25 am
in the lobby, go to configurations --> Alerts & Sounds
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 17 October 2020 - 8:53 pm
simolkaw wrote:
in the lobby, go to configurations --> Alerts & Sounds

The audio configurations are correctly set, otherwise it wouldn't sound at all. The weird thing is that sometimes it sounds and sometimes it doesn't withou me touching anything.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 18 October 2020 - 3:59 am
+pablo@voobly wrote:
The audio configurations are correctly set, otherwise it wouldn't sound at all. The weird thing is that sometimes it sounds and sometimes it doesn't withou me touching anything.

True, usually i hear the sounds but sometimes you get no sound, strange, no idea why...
Link | Reply | Quote
 simolkaw

Posted 24 October 2020 - 5:06 pm
Actually I have the same problem
audio configurations are correctly set but i still hear the room chat in the background as (11,1,2,...) it's annoying

The only temporary solution I've found is this (photo)
You must login into Voobly to view image

I cannot hear the sound of the room when it is full but I have to pay attention to alerts
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 24 October 2020 - 6:08 pm
simolkaw wrote:
Actually I have the same problem
audio configurations are correctly set but i still hear the room chat in the background as (11,1,2,...) it's annoying

The only temporary solution I've found is this (photo)

I cannot hear the sound of the room when it is full but I have to pay attention to alerts

Actually, the screen shows that you literally muted the room, it means you won't hear any alert concerning any activity there.

To answer @Pancrol, notifications/sounds usually works on the Voobly client. But sometimes, it bugs (especially when you run for a long time the client) and won't hear any sound or popups (PMs for example, etc.) Those are some minor bugs that I believe should be fixed further. It has nothing to do with the user, unless he manually switched off notifications or the client sound via Windows.

Link | Reply | Quote
 simolkaw

Posted 25 October 2020 - 1:26 am
Yes that was the goal like i said
simolkaw wrote:

because
simolkaw wrote:
the audio configurations are correctly set but i still hear the room chat in the background as (11,1,2,...) it's annoying
settings

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts