no sound in game

therockforgame

Posted 10 September 2020 - 4:12 pm
hello everybody.

so the problem is pretty simple. i have no sound when i enter in game. no animal sounds nothing. what i can hear are the sounds generated by the numbers. 1,2,3, etc. when i open the game from the normal shortcut i can hear the music in the main menu and when i click on the buttons. but no animal sounds. no effects sound during game.

what i tried till now

clean installations. installed some directx that i found on some thread on the internet.

maybe there is smb there that has the fix for this if not i will keep searching and maybe i will come up with the solution and post it for you guys as well.

thanks.

the son of therockforgame
Link | Reply | Quote
 therockforgame

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:07 pm
anybody ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:20 pm
Hello therockforgame,

1) Where did you got your game? was it via an internet download, Steam, CD or any other source?

2) Please check all your drivers are up to date.

Also, troubleshoot your devices: if you have a notebook connected to a monitor, please disconnect and see if that way your game works normally.
Link | Reply | Quote
 therockforgame

Posted 14 September 2020 - 5:58 pm
1. i have the game via an internet download looong time ago. i have used the same 2 images for aoe age of kings and conquer for years now. this is the first time this happends. played on voobly for years now with these 2 images. always worked

2. drivers should be uptodate.

any other suggestions ?

thank you
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Edited 14 September 2020 - 8:10 pm by Kicking
Hello therockforgame,

Voobly does not support and does not help piracy.

I suggest you buying an original copy of the game in an official store (such as Steam), then come back and we will be happy to assist you.

I hope you understand the Voobly stance regarding piracy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 therockforgame

Posted 17 September 2020 - 8:18 pm
You must login into Voobly to view image

k so i recovered his old steam account that had this on it.
and still no sound when he get s attacked or the sounds that come out of the ppl or building getting done etc.

drivers uptodate
voobly updated the game. he can play on voobly with it.
don t know what else to try.

can you suggest another version of the game from steam?

thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:27 am
Hi there,

It seems your in game taunts are working fine, so there seems to be no problem with your systems sound card. In game sounds are a part of the game data file itself (.dat files). It is possible that you are using a custom mod that is using a different dat file. The other possible reason is that you have manually overwritten the default dat file for age2_x1. I would suggest the following:

1. Uninstall all data mods that you have installed from Voobly and then try again.
2. If the porblem persists, try a clean install for the game. Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
[You must login to view link]

Side Note: Check your in game volume levels, in case you havent already.
Link | Reply | Quote
 therockforgame

Edited 19 September 2020 - 8:23 pm by therockforgame
ok. so yesterday i did clean install of the game
1.entered in a standard game in the game without going into voobly and install all the stuff that vobbly installs.
so in the standard game with default installation no voobly stuff. the game had all the sounds working fine. all the sounds that were missing were there.
2. after installing the age2hd patch, 1.5 patch and all the voobly stuff the sound is missing again.

edit1:

it seems that smt that voobly installs does something to the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 September 2020 - 8:06 am
Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response.

The steam edition (aka the HD edition) is not directly playable or compatible on Voobly. Since Voobly only allows the classic version of AOC to be played, the only way to use the HD version on Voobly is to have the compatibility patch installed. This converts your HD game into the classic version with reduced functionalities off the HD version.

Without the compatibility patch you will not be able to play on Voobly. The compatibility patch files are not really Voobly files but rather files created by independent developers aimed at making the HD version playable as the classic version. The patch can be installed independently from [You must login to view link].

Case in point: Installing the compatibility patch does not take away your HD features, and instead makes your game compatible with folks playing the classic version. In order to be able to use your HD version, you have to launch your game from Steam and I am sure you will have your missing sounds.
Link | Reply | Quote
 therockforgame

Posted 8 October 2020 - 10:45 am
hi again

tell me what version i can buy from steam that works thank you.

i don t know what i can do anymore.

i installed that version from steam that i showed you a picture with > went in voobly and that installed theyr stuff. the patch that you said in the last post voobly told me to install it, did it, nada.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts