Community Forums > Technical Support > Game related problems / Problemas del juego > Force desktop resolution crashes the game in AOK

Force desktop resolution crashes the game in AOK

[ A ]UnNaMeD__

Posted 17 June 2020 - 5:15 am
Hi

I have low resolution available to use in aok with black bars on both sides. If i force desktop resolution, the moment game starts, i get a zoomed in picture with no command bar visible and game crashes within a second. Anyone can help me fix this please? (or test if it works for you?)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]UnNaMeD__

Posted 21 June 2020 - 4:03 pm
Bumping with more info

room settings:
[You must login to view link]

What game looks like(used start at single player):
(black bars on side with no high res available)

If i enable force desktop resolution which is 1080p, game instantly exits with no error message
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]UnNaMeD__

Posted 28 June 2020 - 1:28 pm
More info.

Its voobly's problem because it doesnt even know that I have 1080p res.
As you can see it, it says:
Quote:
<Age of Empires II: Age of Kings doesn't optimally support your current 1536x864 display resolution. To use your desktop resolution in game click "Game" -> "Resolution Tool" -> "Force Desktop Resolution In Game". This feature is completely optional -- if you do not enable it the game will use either 800x600, 1024x768, or 1280x1024. For more information read this>

Which it not true, I was able to force desktop resolution by enabling exactly these settings:
Force resolution
Run in windows sp2 compatibility mode
32 bit
windowed mode
disable dpi scaling

Then it ran with force desktop resolution but gameplay was in windowed mode and it still wasnt 1080p because voobly is failing to detect my correct resolution in aok, aoc is fine tho. If i disable windowed mode, other people cant play with me and they get version error.

I tried this, doesnt work: [You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts