black bars sides screen aot

oelewapper

Posted 16 June 2020 - 9:38 pm
Greetings all !

i reinstalled voobly on my acer laptop. When i play aot it runs with 2 black bars on the sides of my screen.
a small screen is left. Anyone a idea of how to correct this ?
Thanks alot already !
Link | Reply | Quote
 TunaKhan

Edited 16 June 2020 - 10:34 pm by TunaKhan
There is an answer. Which i found on another site. Here it is. Apply it and let us know the result pls. But firstly dont forget to backup your installation.

This problem seems to be common with on-board Intel branded graphics chips, which are typically found in lower-end laptops. There are two main things you can try but they are not guaranteed to work.

Firstly, you can try to replace the Intel graphics configuration profile with an nVidia profile. To do this, open your Age of Mythology folder
(if you have 32 Windows C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology
or
64 bit Windows C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology) and navigate to the gfxconfig folder (if you are using The Titans expansion pack, go to the gfxconfig2 folder instead). Rename the i845.gfx file to i845.gfx.old. Now copy the geforce3.gfx file and paste it into the same folder. Lastly, rename the new Copy of geforce3.gfx file to i845.gfx. Now try the game again.

[You must login to view link]

If that doesn't work, you can try disabling "waterbumping" by opening your Age of Mythology folder
(if you have 32 Windows C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology
or
64 bit Windows C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology) and navigating to the startup folder. If there is a file there called User.cfg, open it in Notepad. If not, go to File -> New -> Text Document and name the new file User.cfg. Open this file in Notepad and paste the following line into it:

-waterbump

[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts