Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Unable to initialize the graphic resolution. Make sure your driver and

Unable to initialize the graphic resolution. Make sure your driver and

NapoleonIV

Posted 5 May 2020 - 5:48 pm
Hello,

I just changed my PC, I now use a PC bought new in 2017 under Windows 10 but I can no longer play or watch games of Age of Empires II on the Voobly server.

I get the following error message: "Cannot initialize graphics resolution. Make sure your driver and video card are compatible with DirectDraw".

I tried many manipulations in vain to solve this problem:

- I checked that the DirectDraw Acceleration and Direct3D Acceleration options were selected under DirectX Features, which was the case.

- I installed the latest version of DirectX.

- I installed and reinstalled the game

Please, do you have a solution?

Bonjour,

Je viens de changer de PC, j'utilise désormais un PC acheté neuf en 2017 sous Windows 10 mais je ne parviens plus à jouer ni à visionner des parties de Age of Empires II sur le serveur Voobly.

J'ai le message d'erreur suivant : "Impossibilité d'initialiser la résolution graphique. Assurez-vous que votre pilote et votre carte vidéo sont compatibles avec DirectDraw".

J'ai essayé en vain de nombreuses manipulations pour résoudre ce problème :

- J'ai vérifié que les options Accélération DirectDraw et Accélération Direct3D étaient bien sélectionnées sous Fonctionnalités DirectX, ce qui était le cas.

- J'ai installé la dernière version de DirectX.

- J'ai installé et réinstallé le jeu

S'il vous plaît, auriez-vous une solution ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Edited 5 May 2020 - 7:25 pm by Kicking
Hello,

Try to run the game offline and check if it is working.

I think it could probably happen due to a pirated copy of the game. Did you get it from an internet download, Steam or CD version?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 6 May 2020 - 7:15 am
Try these settings in game room, not sure but if I remember right, it should help...

[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts