Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > Important Lobby Changes

Important Lobby Changes

LaRochi

Posted 8 May 2020 - 12:33 am
Dear Cris ...

I wanted to tell you or suggest that the AOK does not need two lobbies, there are currently 70 players in lobby 1 and 28 other players in lobby 2 = 98 total ;3confused

I think it would be idea to unify the two lobby and use only one to RM/DM/CS for aok community.

Regards :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 8 May 2020 - 4:25 pm
+sunny@voobly wrote:
Apart from a few suggestions, most of what I see is generic whining. Change is always unacceptable at the beginning and eventually, people do get used to it. When NPL bans were introduced, the system was criticized as hell, however, ultimately everyone is habituated to the new norms.

Before posting another comment on how much you hate the new change, please keep a few things in mind:

1. The changes brought upon is a response to a dire situation of extremely high server loads amounting to frequent crashes, disconnections and time outs which needed to be addressed on priority. You as an individual may not have experienced it in your games however, a vast majority of players did as was obvious with the spike in tech complaints.

2. We just cannot have a huge lobby with a lot of players in it. No matter which way you package this idea, a higher number of players in any given lobby is directly proportional to the server load. While some of your suggestions are worth considering, you have to understand, we just can't have a lobby with 2k players in it.

3. Categorizing lobbies by rating or by player skill is also not a great idea as a lot of games on Voobly are played with players of all skills (especially the less popular maps which have smaller communities that obviously cannot be sliced further based on ratings

4. I admit that the lobby names are a bit confusing for someone to start with, and perhaps these can be changed at a later point and is not a big deal at the moment. Minor issues such as the count of premium rooms in every lobby or the long wait owing to the confusion among players on which lobby to join can be addressed easily.

We value your suggestions and would be happy to make corrections as necessary however, suggestions hinting at having a consolidated lobby so you can see all your friends in one place is perhaps a remote possibility.

TLDR Because I know its generic crap as usual.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_R_Griffith

Posted 8 May 2020 - 4:27 pm
And if you get moved to spectators by host in this minute - voobly crushing.It always was this way(at least for 2 years),and lot's of people even with 2k of games played,don't understand it,and think that you FP if connection with you not established in ~15 sec.While this first "NAT handshake" occurring Voobly client not responding,and seems like being hung.
Also,if someone type something in room's chat while it's happening - you immediately establish connection and client getting responsive.
Is it actually NAT handshake causing this?
Can't you add a message about it to make people aware?Not on forum but in Voobly client so people can actually see and read it?

I have this issue... and it's very annoying, I always try to join a random game before join the game I want to play, to avoid that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ELBIOMBO

Posted 8 May 2020 - 4:41 pm
Por que se me cierra voobly cuando entro a una sala?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Edited 8 May 2020 - 8:06 pm by [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ
Today I joined Voobly after few months and jesus christ, 50 players in AOK? thanks pleasant sight to see, and according to chris "422 in AOK". Hard to believe lol, everyone have their locked rooms in aok lobby tho, but its an improvement over 5 or 10 players. GG mate, would suggest 1 lobby for aok instead of scattering them
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 8 May 2020 - 8:02 pm by Troy
Today I joined Voobly after few months and jesus christ, 50 players in AOK? thanks pleasant sight to see, and according to chris "422 in AOK". Hard to believe lol, everyone have their locked rooms in aok lobby tho, but its an improvement over 5 or 10 players. GG mate

The stats are from day to day. Not "at this moment". Welcome back to Voobly!

Cheers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 trial3181

Posted 8 May 2020 - 9:40 pm
+james@voobly wrote:
I don't think Chris is faulting any one, he's laying out the situation.

We split the lobbies to ease crashes and server load. I don't think the names of the lobbies is what is causing the complaints, it's the fact that people want to stay in a single lobby since it's easier to find games. We reverted the changes, and complaints come in due to crashes. Both scenarios have problems, but that is the only 2 options we have at this time.

Chris pays out of pocket for the servers. He can't simply upgrade the servers and pay thousands more when we don't know if these numbers remain the same.

if you have unreasonable rules and policies, just to boss around-- no one will buy premium.

Maybe this is the alarm you should take seriously!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 8 May 2020 - 10:08 pm by Troy
Hello, trial3181.

Our rules and policies are perfectly fine. They are set to improve gaming experience for everyone.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Maki_

Posted 8 May 2020 - 10:49 pm
Why not reduce the number of rooms in the lobby? Do we really need 700? Now even the CS lobby crashes when it didn't before... I legit can't play the game. Can't join rooms without crashing, only thing I can do, is to host my own room, but even then is very likely to crash when the game is over.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']koandcul1

Posted 9 May 2020 - 10:19 am
In the last 2 days I haven't experienced any crashes and everything works so smooth, great work guys
Link | Reply | Quote
 Deniz_Martell

Posted 9 May 2020 - 11:03 pm
it was fixed for me but yesterday it started to happen again. i cant join any rooms even if i host myself first :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 10 May 2020 - 10:04 am
Yes I know that it was record highest recently ( i cant believe that record was hit, like i was surprised not that I dont believe chris in real hehe), but than again those numbers arent no where high enough for 2 lobbies to exist. And thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Posted 10 May 2020 - 10:13 am
Troy wrote:
Hello, trial3181.

Our rules and policies are perfectly fine. They are set to improve gaming experience for everyone.

The showboat is always around ... :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Walt_

Posted 10 May 2020 - 3:09 pm
i am more interested in knowing how is that there are 801 players inside the new player lobby and 704 in medieval siege, at the time of writing this post. The 8,200 count that is mentioned in the start of the post, is it total number of accounts voobly has, or these are distinct players? Under any situation, the number of learners cannot exceed more than the experienced players. People are still smurfing.
It was the same reason ban was added some 3 years ago.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 10 May 2020 - 3:21 pm
aok has 25 players and it received 2 lobbies ;upsdown

Link | Reply | Quote
1234567[8]9
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 121 posts