Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > Important Lobby Changes

Important Lobby Changes

Deniz_Martell

Edited 5 May 2020 - 10:45 pm by Deniz_Martell
hello, everything was working fine for me until now but since todays update (5 may) voobly keeps crashing over and over. i'm using windows 8.1, please fix this

i'm clicking "info" and its crashing. i'm clicking a full room its crashing, i'm clicking a normal room, sometimes its crashing i've restarted many times in order to join one game
Attachments:
Yeni Bit Elem Resmi.bmp (file size: 3 MB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 5 May 2020 - 11:06 pm by +eric@voobly
Upon entering or creating a game room for he first time, please wait a minute for the NAT handshake to occur (between the client and the server). The time this takes depends on the system you are using and the amount of players.
Once again, apologies for those who have to deal with sluggish lobbies / game room crashes and "server too busy" errors on web site.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Deniz_Martell

Posted 6 May 2020 - 12:32 am
i know about the issue with entering first time, but this is different. even if voobly client is open for one hour and i'm at lobby it still crashing. when i try to join room it is immediately crashing most of the time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GUCCI'S]Cimbom1905

Posted 6 May 2020 - 12:40 am

I am logging into the game after the last update you made to Voobly, but it closes voobly after logging in.
I am waiting for your help to solve the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Burner_

Posted 6 May 2020 - 12:44 am
I'm also having the same problem. Whenever I try to join a room, everything closes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 May 2020 - 12:50 am
The NAT handshake occurs when you enter or host a game room. Staying in the lobbies for extended periods of time won't solve your problem.
Please direct your technical questions to the Technical Support forum.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nuublarking

Posted 6 May 2020 - 1:05 am
Guys I think there's some groups of players within the community that barely play eachother's games: CBA, DM and RM (last one can be split in 1v1 and team games/ffa). Why not separate those groups at NPL and MS level, mod it actively for a week to avoid people keeping playing the wrong games in the wrong lobby and as soon as everyone is used to it everyone will comply automatically because it's the easiest way to find the games the player wants to play...
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_R_Griffith

Posted 6 May 2020 - 7:46 am
+james@voobly wrote:
I don't think Chris is faulting any one, he's laying out the situation.

We split the lobbies to ease crashes and server load. I don't think the names of the lobbies is what is causing the complaints, it's the fact that people want to stay in a single lobby since it's easier to find games. We reverted the changes, and complaints come in due to crashes. Both scenarios have problems, but that is the only 2 options we have at this time.

Chris pays out of pocket for the servers. He can't simply upgrade the servers and pay thousands more when we don't know if these numbers remain the same.

Well, This is quoted for James, but it's an example for everyone. Inside CSA clan, we have to pay our Domain(as voobly), our server(we switched to GoDaddy as cheaper solution)[as voobly], backup plans/technical support on old website, and hamachi(Nat tranversal is good, but not 100% perfect). Actually between few members of CSA paying hosting and domain we spent more than 300 USD(last hosting sitee was expensive). in Hamachi(256 comps) we spent 200 USD.

We are a simple clan, some of us help voobly with premium accounts, only a few csa members help to pay site. Only me pays hamachi. But we do because we care and we like to play within friends who've been playing together for more than 15 years.

My point... Voobly is a bigger community that doesnt have a lot of features or premium features, due to a lack of developers, but you have option to donate and to buy premium to support. They dont have paid developers neither expensive servers because they can't afford it. we gone from 3.000 players(january) to 15.000(actually) thanks to covid. and servers are not prepared for it. it's a shame that few people support voobly, but if there are more players supporting and donating money, the budget will be increased and start thinking in get a better server.

Finally, You have other options to play AOE II, you have GR(which is ugly and not sure if they manage expansions there). And Steam(another ugly system which is not popular due to complicated and PAYED system. Voobly is FREE, from here we saw born FE(AOE II first expansion after many years) and many other data/local MODS. Voobly gave tools to everyone to make AOE II great again, and it's not recognized by "microsoft" as official site(This makes Steam get lots of money than voobly). Iirc voobly went through law process few years ago with Microsoft... Anyway. Stop crying, if you guys want to have a better server to play, then start donating to voobly, otherwise it's impossible to get it better with small solutions.

PS: Feel free to edit if GR and Steam are forbidden to be in the post.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 May 2020 - 2:52 pm
We're considering all options at this point in time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 6 May 2020 - 9:01 pm
Seems like 2016 trolls are becoming true now... Scary!

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]DESRON

Posted 7 May 2020 - 3:54 pm
Exactly. You hit the nail on its head. Everyone is crying about lobby limits and stuff but not wondering how this whole thing is kept up. They would pay 100's of dollars for pubg/fortnite skins but not $30 dollars to support voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 7 May 2020 - 3:56 pm
[sT]DESRON wrote:
Exactly. You hit the nail on its head. Everyone is crying about lobby limits and stuff but not wondering how this whole thing is kept up. They would pay 100's of dollars for pubg/fortnite skins but not $30 dollars to support voobly.

We would, if the money was 100% guaranteed to go to server costs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 7 May 2020 - 7:06 pm
imagine if half these ****s had to play on zone and deal with with the lobby system back then rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 May 2020 - 8:32 pm
imagine if half these ****s had to play on zone and deal with with the lobby system back then rofl

75 game rooms, 300 players limit and almost 40 lobbies just to cover AOC? Good old times.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Crawl_Waffl

Posted 7 May 2020 - 8:59 pm
+eric@voobly wrote:
Upon entering or creating a game room for he first time, please wait a minute for the NAT handshake to occur (between the client and the server). The time this takes depends on the system you are using and the amount of players.
Once again, apologies for those who have to deal with sluggish lobbies / game room crashes and "server too busy" errors on web site.
And if you get moved to spectators by host in this minute - voobly crushing.It always was this way(at least for 2 years),and lot's of people even with 2k of games played,don't understand it,and think that you FP if connection with you not established in ~15 sec.While this first "NAT handshake" occurring Voobly client not responding,and seems like being hung.
Also,if someone type something in room's chat while it's happening - you immediately establish connection and client getting responsive.
Is it actually NAT handshake causing this?
Can't you add a message about it to make people aware?Not on forum but in Voobly client so people can actually see and read it?

Link | Reply | Quote
123456[7]89
Displaying 91 - 105 out of 121 posts