Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > Important Lobby Changes

Important Lobby Changes

[mouz]jotita7

Edited 4 May 2020 - 5:32 am by [mouz]jotita7
Troy wrote:
What do you guys think about something like this?

1v1/2v2 - MS RM/DM #1
1v1/2v2 - MS RM/DM #2

3v3/4v4 - MS RM/DM #1
3v3/4v4 - MS RM/DM #2

Need feedback.

1v1 - MS RM/DM
2v2 - MS RM/DM
3v3 - MS RM/DM
4v4 - MS RM/DM
easier yet

or
1v1/2v2 - MS RM/DM 1700+
1v1/2v2 - MS RM/DM 1700-

3v3/4v4 - MS RM/DM 1700+
3v3/4v4 - MS RM/DM 1700-
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 4 May 2020 - 5:45 am by Troy
1v1 - MS RM/DM
2v2 - MS RM/DM
3v3 - MS RM/DM
4v4 - MS RM/DM
easier yet

or
1v1/2v2 - MS RM/DM 1700+
1v1/2v2 - MS RM/DM 1700-

3v3/4v4 - MS RM/DM 1700+
3v3/4v4 - MS RM/DM 1700-

It was a simple Yes or No type feedback. What your suggesting is just causing more issues and is not fair for lower ratings.. If the lobbies are named to how I said it. This makes it easier to find games as well as variety of ratings so there would ultimately be no issues finding a game.

Edit: 3v3/4v4 don't need to be separated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [mouz]jotita7

Edited 4 May 2020 - 6:33 am by [mouz]jotita7
its so ridiculously clear that anything is better than the actual .

but anyway ¨yes¨

edit: actually No because is suboptimal
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LAK]GUINZA

Posted 4 May 2020 - 6:10 am
Buenas noches, pudieron por favor volver los servidores como antes, ya que cuando queremos jugar en un servidor entre nosotros que somos conocidos aveces esta lleno y no podemos, nos complica mucho, por favor si pueden arreglar eso. estaría muy agradecido de antemano.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

Posted 4 May 2020 - 6:52 am
honestly, what were you thinking? multiple lobbies for the exact same thing is just ****ed. everyone that‘s trying to find a game will join all lobbies he can. and then you have no improvement, just some added invonvenience for the players. you have to categorize the lobbies, be it by map or gamemode. otherwise i dont see why i would join rm/dm 2, but not rm/dm 1. even with 1500 players online it sometimes took hours to find players for an arabia teamgame, while we were 4 players as a preset team. ****ing arabia! how long will it take with a third of those players in a lobby?
also about the player caps for lobbies: if i drop and want to restore a game or rejoin the gameroom of my friends, can we just stop playing because i cant rejoin a certain lobby?
and why the **** does CS need 4 lobbies? not like we have sooo many players there... any more than 1 for cs is just stupid.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 May 2020 - 7:24 am
Apart from a few suggestions, most of what I see is generic whining. Change is always unacceptable at the beginning and eventually, people do get used to it. When NPL bans were introduced, the system was criticized as hell, however, ultimately everyone is habituated to the new norms.

Before posting another comment on how much you hate the new change, please keep a few things in mind:

1. The changes brought upon is a response to a dire situation of extremely high server loads amounting to frequent crashes, disconnections and time outs which needed to be addressed on priority. You as an individual may not have experienced it in your games however, a vast majority of players did as was obvious with the spike in tech complaints.

2. We just cannot have a huge lobby with a lot of players in it. No matter which way you package this idea, a higher number of players in any given lobby is directly proportional to the server load. While some of your suggestions are worth considering, you have to understand, we just can't have a lobby with 2k players in it.

3. Categorizing lobbies by rating or by player skill is also not a great idea as a lot of games on Voobly are played with players of all skills (especially the less popular maps which have smaller communities that obviously cannot be sliced further based on ratings

4. I admit that the lobby names are a bit confusing for someone to start with, and perhaps these can be changed at a later point and is not a big deal at the moment. Minor issues such as the count of premium rooms in every lobby or the long wait owing to the confusion among players on which lobby to join can be addressed easily.

We value your suggestions and would be happy to make corrections as necessary however, suggestions hinting at having a consolidated lobby so you can see all your friends in one place is perhaps a remote possibility.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 4 May 2020 - 8:24 am
Maybe separate closed maps and open maps?

Closed maps: BF, michi, FN, arena
Open maps: Arabia, blind random, LN etc

Add the info what maps you can play in the lobby, like this you can also make 3 or more lobby's if needed...

It would make it easier to find games and usually also your friends...

A split by rating is not good... Many low ranked players want to spectate games with high ranked players for example...

Another thing... Autoboot everybody who is more than half an hour afk, many players just don't turn off pc and keep lobby's open. They don't play but they use the server not needed...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 4 May 2020 - 8:26 am
Would it not help a lot to just separate DM from RM again?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 4 May 2020 - 8:27 am
Would it not help a lot to just separate DM from RM again?

There are almost no players who play DM, that will make not much difference imo...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 4 May 2020 - 8:43 am
+kwin wrote:
There are almost no players who play DM, that will make not much difference imo...
There are quite a number of us actually at peak times (esp. with Covid-19). If there are limits on the numbers that can join a lobby now, that will decrease the number of DM games played as the regulars will have to wait 5 minutes before being able to join the main lobby (as DM games wont exist else-where).

Lobby connections do munch up bandwidth with an exponential increase of the number of players.
^ I have probably said that wrong but nevermind, I am still sleepy. It is a bit confusing with the lobby system change. - Don't like the Caps used in lobby description.

Justing saying what would help a bit, even though you could do it as dedicated RM and dedicated DM above the DM/RM lobby as a hint of where to play. Hopefully people will then play all proper games in DM lobby. But doing it more simply is probably more desirable.

Having two lobbies open shouldn't be an issue for players that want to play both, which is very few. Generally people get IM more.

Anyway just my thought, on getting like 50 to 100 (or more atm) players less in the main DM/RM lobby.

Also more support for single player/offline launching with voobly mods would be desirable.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Anik3t_

Edited 4 May 2020 - 9:59 am by Anik3t_
Edit :

I think it will be great if the game browser is removed and instead Game lobbies should be visible on all screen.
At least It'll be easier to recognize lobbies with tile representation or something like more visually appealing.
Currently i need to scroll through the long list and you know people hate reading and recognizing stuffs 11
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 4 May 2020 - 9:34 am
Isn't to do with the actual lobbies... but you guys able to do a dark mode for the site? Most websites have that option. Not sure if its a difficult thing to add or not but thought id ask.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 4 May 2020 - 9:38 am by Troy
Everyone needs to atleast try to like the changes. However the suggestions are always reviewed by our Voobly Team. Please make sure to keep it somewhat constructive criticism.

Cheers, ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 [mouz]jotita7

Posted 4 May 2020 - 10:05 am
ohyes dark theme would solve all this complaints ;captain
Link | Reply | Quote
 Generalisimus

Posted 4 May 2020 - 10:27 am
Break them up by 1v1, team, and DE. That should give some separation. If you need more granularity, group game types - group several together - BF, NOMAD, ARENA, ARABIA, etc. you know the statistics of what game types are more popular and make sense in grouping. Use that data.

How about also fixing the darn dashboard - why make it update every second and make the list jump? This is so painful when a person can't click to join a room quick enough? Probably the worst part of Voobly ( well, outside of installation )

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]456789
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 121 posts