Dropping from voobly server every 10m

[Flowers_]Sen_br

Edited 3 May 2020 - 2:49 am by [Flowers_]Sen_br
Hello I'm dropping every 10m or so from voobly server. No antivirus, firewall is off. Started happening after changing ISP but been talking to them and they don't know what's wrong (changing modem and changing to ethernet cable from wifi also didn't help). Voobly network diagnostics says all tests passed. I'm on a laptop. Already tried flushing dns. UPnP is disabled.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Neo

Posted 4 May 2020 - 6:15 pm
Can you please run "Network Diagnostics" as show on this screen shot [You must login to view link]
Take a screen shot of the results and upload it here [You must login to view link]
Give me the link of the screen shot so I can view if you have any problems with connectivity.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Flowers_]Sen_br

Edited 5 May 2020 - 11:41 pm by [Flowers_]Sen_br
Yes, no problem. [You must login to view link]
Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".
Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...
Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.
Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [B3N1T0]Hetairoi

Posted 6 May 2020 - 6:51 pm
I have the same problem, it keeps closing my Voobly window. I have all my ports open for voobly, etc.. everything is ok.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Neo

Posted 6 May 2020 - 9:33 pm
Try to do clean install of Voobly [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Flowers_]Sen_br

Posted 7 May 2020 - 8:51 am
Unfortunately it's still happening.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 May 2020 - 12:41 pm
Hi there,

A few suggestions:

1. Try joining and playing in a lobby with less players (preferably less than 500). If you have a lot of players in your usual lobbies that you play in, try joining some other less populated lobbies. Try playing some games in here and see if the problem persists.
2. Close all other lobbies except for the one you are playing in. Additionally also close all other programs running on your computer while on Voobly.
3. After you have tried the above, if you continue to experience the same issue, try connecting to a different network (like a mobile hotspot). Although mobile hotspots are not ideal for gaming on Voobly, it can certainly help you troubleshoot the problem. If the disconnection stops, you know for sure the problem is with your ISP or one of its equipment (aka a faulty router/ modem etc).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Flowers_]Sen_br

Edited 17 May 2020 - 5:17 am by [Flowers_]Sen_br
Hello Sunny, I tried n. 1 and 2 and it still happened I can't try 3 because my mobile internet is limited. It seems like my new ISP is only offering dynamic IP and not fixed, is that the problem? Seems unlikely though since it's such a hassle to get a fixed IP (only entrepreneurs) and my ISP is very popular, and since there are so many brazilians on voobly
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 May 2020 - 9:27 am
Hi there,

You do not need a fixed IP as long as your port forwarding works (which it seems like it does). Your frequent disconnection, however, would hint at a problem with your network connection. In order to ascertain this, I would suggest you try playing a game on your mobile network. Voobly uses minimal bandwidth, so you will hardly be using a few MBs at max. But if that is not possible, see if you can connect to a neighbors wifi. After reading the whole thread, it seems like you have a problem with your network, could be a faulty wiring/cabling, equipment fault (such as a router/ modem/ switch, etc), or something else. Either way the best way to figure it out is to try a different network and see if the problem persists.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Flowers_]Sen_br

Edited 19 May 2020 - 3:28 am by [Flowers_]Sen_br
Hello I used another network from a friend (I took my laptop to his place), and it worked, no drops. The funny part is the ISP is the same, he's with them for much longer though. What should I do?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:57 am
Sorry for the delayed response.

It's clear that there is a problem with your network. This could be a faulty cable, or equipment (such as router/ modem etc). If the router/ modem was provided to you by your ISP, you may need to get in touch with them and have them replace the equipment. It would be even better if you can have them test your cabling to make sure there are no cuts or damages on the cable.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts