Voobly keeps crashing

EternalRookie

Edited 18 April 2020 - 7:55 pm by EternalRookie
I log into the client fine.
I enter RM/DM - Medieval Siege 1 lobby fine.
I try to enter a game (Join or Watch), voobly crashes. This has been happening for the last 3 days since the voobly reset.

I have done
Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth sfc /scannow

I have rebooted and done a clean install of the voobly client. Problem persists.

Ran game diagnostics
Code:
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II' Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists... Success! Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists... Success! Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly' Game version is '1.0C-VLY' Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists... Success! Checking DirectPlay libraries... Looking for dpwsockx.dll... Looking for dplayx.dll... 'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 215552 bytes DirectPlay Init Success! Scanning installed DirectPlay games... Age of Empires II Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found] Game was found in DirectPlay registry! DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II' DirectPlay command line is 'lobby' DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.exe' Verifying file exists... Success! DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' Verifying file exists... Success! Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' Success! Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

Ran Network Diagnostic
Code:
Starting networking diagnostics... Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal". Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete... Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port) Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port) Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port) 14 seconds left. 9 seconds left. 4 seconds left. Test Result: All Pass Network Health: All tests passed Recommended Action: None Details: All tests passed. For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.
Attachments:
voobly.txt (file size: 16.2 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 9:26 pm
Upon entering/creating a game room for he first time, please wait a minute for the NAT handshake to occur (between the client and the server). The time this takes depends on the system you are using and the amount of players. Please report back to us, with more information, whether our suggestions worked or not.
Link | Reply | Quote
 EternalRookie

Posted 18 April 2020 - 9:35 pm
Thanks for the prompt feedback. However, I can't wait a minute. Voobly crashes as soon as I attempt to get into a game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 18 April 2020 - 9:42 pm by +eric@voobly
Does this occur if you host the game by yourself too? Please try a lobby with less traffic, see if there is any difference (e.g. Medieval Siege 2, New Player Lobby 3).
Link | Reply | Quote
 EternalRookie

Edited 19 April 2020 - 3:54 am by EternalRookie
It does not happen when I host a game but there have been occasions when voobly crashes while the room is filling up.

Can't test New Player lobby as I have way over 50 games.

It does not happen in Medieval Siege 2. I tried multiple watch and joins.

Another observation, the window for game seems to have a refresh problem. When I minimize the lobby window (which was overlapping game window), the game window takes some time to refresh or not refresh at all. See attachment.
Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 boina_Azul

Posted 19 April 2020 - 2:36 am
The same happens to me but in the lobby RM new Player lobby 1. I enter the room, when I want to enter some games the voobly closes automatically. It doesn't happen to me in all the games, in some, I don't understand why. This started 2 days ago, everything worked perfectly before. Lobby 2 is fine, I have no problem, but there are few people.
I try uninstalling everything, age, voobly, erasing and nothing ... the voobly keeps closing
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 19 April 2020 - 11:41 am by +eric@voobly
We reduced the number of game rooms again in our main lobbies (New Player Lobby 1 and Medieval Siege 1). This will hopefully reduce the amount of crashes you are experiencing. Please report back to us, whether this improved your situation.
Link | Reply | Quote
 EternalRookie

Posted 19 April 2020 - 8:59 pm
Crashes are still happening but relatively less. I was able to join and watch a few games in MS 1.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Generalisimus

Posted 6 May 2020 - 5:19 pm
Crashes all the time when joining. Crashing when incoming messages from other players are coming in.

Why is Voobly not stable? Is it not possible to have a prompt of a sort saying try again, instead of just dying? What kind of a system kills the process altogether?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Deniz_Martell

Posted 6 May 2020 - 9:26 pm
crashes are fixed for me somehow, i guess last update worked
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sonia_Gandhi

Posted 7 May 2020 - 1:18 pm
Still crashing like crazy!!! So much that since last night I have stopped playing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 7 May 2020 - 1:41 pm by Troy
Hello everyone, try what sunny@voobly said: Here

Hopefully this helps some issues also let us know if you still have issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Generalisimus

Posted 7 May 2020 - 5:09 pm
Its definitely not a network issue locally. I tried many different wireless points. The issues - when loading room, the background of the new room turns black ( very odd ). Then, once the room is loaded things look ok. And in some cases, you click join, it holds in unresponsive mode for a few sec as always, then instead of allowing into room, there is a brief ding sound in headset and the entire Voobly dies.

Can't you guys catch exceptions and produce a message of some sort? Allowing game to fail and close is 1990.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 7 May 2020 - 9:41 pm by Troy
Can everyone also try a few things that helps make Voobly run quicker.

1. Delete all your age of empires recordings through single player menu or /SaveGame
2. Close any background stuff on your computer (skype, google chrome, other lobbies...etc)
3. If your having experience with long loading between Voobly to pregame lobby use these settings: [You must login to view link]

If none of these cases help you then please just perform a clean installation: [You must login to view link]

Cheers, ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 __LetMeBoom_

Edited 19 March 2021 - 6:00 am by __LetMeBoom_
I had the same issue, after making some changes in spectator mode settings( hide and table position in advanced settings) but it was fixed after I disable game spectator mod.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 15 posts