Voobly constantly hangs and crashes

qbx

Posted 17 April 2020 - 8:08 pm
Sometimes when I join a lobby, sometimes when I join a game to spectate, but it's happening more than less.
This issue persisted after a clean installation of voobly.
Attached are the latest minidump and voobly files.
Attachments:
minidump 1.dmp (file size: 510.05 KB)
voobly 1.txt (file size: 17.23 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:31 am
Hello qbx. :)

Make sure Voobly is allowed through your Antivirus / firewall. If it's already allowed please can you give me more details on what happens exactly so I can give you more help. Thank you! :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 noobbfplayer

Posted 18 April 2020 - 7:27 am
I have the same issue. Something is surely broken with voobly recent update.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Burner_

Posted 18 April 2020 - 8:04 am
I am also having the same problem. Whenever I enter a lobby like Medieval Siege, when I try to enter a room, it hangs and then everything closes, even my Voobly messenger. I have to restart Voobly, try to enter a game again, and same thing happens. This has been happening since yesterday. Before this, I was playing a lot without problems, this issue started yesterday.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [T1Power]pataklar

Edited 18 April 2020 - 10:01 am by [T1Power]pataklar
I have the same issue started yesterday but just on aoc rm new player lobby 1. I can join and play to other lobbys but no problem but when i try to join lobby 1 voobly gives error and closes itself. I already try clean install with both aoc and voobly but problem persists.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:29 am
The client has not changed since May 2019. If there are crashing issues, we have to resolve them on your computer.

If the clean installation of the Voobly client has not fixed the issue ...
([You must login to view link])

then please try this:
Start > type "cmd" > right-click on "Command Prompt" > run as administrator

type the following commands into Command Prompt, in exactly that order:
Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth sfc /scannow

Then reboot and follow the clean installation tutorial again:
[You must login to view link]

Also make sure, that your computer is not affected by malware / potential unwanted software. You can download and run Malware Bytes (free) and perform a quick scan + full system scan
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:31 am
Please always tell us the full error message you are getting, we cannot troubleshoot the issue if we do not know what happened.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:36 am
Also please do not reply to existing threads unless you are the OP (original poster). Instead create your own thread at technical support.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]_Sage_

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:18 pm
started crashing for me yesyerday. the problem is not my pc since clearly a lot of others experienced this yesterday and today only.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:29 pm
started crashing for me yesyerday. the problem is not my pc since clearly a lot of others experienced this yesterday and today only.
+chris@voobly wrote:
Also please do not reply to existing threads unless you are the OP (original poster). Instead create your own thread at technical support.

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 qbx

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:36 pm
I did all the suggested above and it's still happpening. Voobly just closes when you click on a room to join at random times. No error message, just closes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:01 am
Try the following:

Host or join an AFK room and wait until your Voobly window responds; the NAT-T handshake takes up to one minute to complete. Do not impatiently click over the window, just wait until it is done.

Tell us if it worked.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Burner_

Posted 19 April 2020 - 8:12 pm
Today is working fine again for me. No more Voobly closing unexpectedly and rooms loading fast and OK

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts