Voobly client crashing

noobbfplayer

Posted 17 April 2020 - 3:26 pm
After todays update my voobly client is crashing every time i try and join a lobby. What can i do to resolve this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:46 am
Hello what lobby are you trying to join in? Also make sure Voobly is allowed through your antivirus/firewall. If these don't work go back to the previous update (before the new update).

Cheers ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 noobbfplayer

Posted 18 April 2020 - 7:23 am
MS lobby. How do i go back to previous update?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 8:04 am
MS lobby. How do i go back to previous update?

Our sincere apologies for the misinformation. You cannot roll back to a previous version of the client. This is not possible.

As for your disconnection, it seems to be a sporadic problem which can probably be attributed to a sudden spike in the number of players on Voobly. While we are diligently monitoring the situation and have taken steps at the server end to cater to the massive and sudden spike in players, a small percentage of players may still experience unexpected disconnections. I would suggest retrying again. If it does not work, please try again after a while.

P.S: In the interim, you could try restarting your computer, router/ modem, however, if that does not fix the problem, please try logging in after some time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 noobbfplayer

Posted 18 April 2020 - 9:24 am
i dont think this is a server load issue. This happens to me when MS has 800 players and also when it has 1500 players. Can you not check if yday update has some changes which is causing regression?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:26 am
The client has not changed since May 2019. If there are crashing issues, we have to resolve them on your computer.

If the clean installation of the Voobly client has not fixed the issue ...
([You must login to view link])

then please try this:
Start > type "cmd" > right-click on "Command Prompt" > run as administrator

type the following commands into Command Prompt, in exactly that order:
Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth sfc /scannow

Then reboot and follow the clean installation tutorial again:
[You must login to view link]

Also make sure, that your computer is not affected by malware / potential unwanted software. You can download and run Malware Bytes (free) and perform a quick scan + full system scan
Link | Reply | Quote
 noobbfplayer

Posted 18 April 2020 - 1:34 pm
Chris thanks for the help. Just so that you know many people are having this issue since yday. The forums have many thread on this issue. I do not think its my client issue alone.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:38 pm
Chris thanks for the help. Just so that you know many people are having this issue since yday. The forums have many thread on this issue. I do not think its my client issue alone.
According to our information you have not connected to any of the Voobly servers since April 5th. Is it possible, that something is blocking outgoing connections on your computer or network?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Arnald

Posted 19 April 2020 - 3:24 am
Hello, I have a problem when I try to join a game, when entering the host room it becomes very slow everything and automatically closes voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 noobbfplayer

Posted 19 April 2020 - 6:56 am
My bad chris i am logged into voobly with this ID while i am playing under:

https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/124342134

the issue like you have seen is hurting many people so most likely it isnt a client/machine issue but some change been done on voobly 3 days back. It might have been optimizing nat handshakes or whatever. I tried analyzing the minidump files but did not really spot something odd. Will be glad to assist with any testing if you want.
Link | Reply | Quote
 noobbfplayer

Edited 19 April 2020 - 7:17 am by noobbfplayer
Chris was there an update made to references of QTgui4.dll recently? I see this in the minidump

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 noobbfplayer

Posted 19 April 2020 - 2:51 pm
The issue seems fixed now, fingers crossed. thanks for the update and all that you do. Much appreciated.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts