AOE2 DE on Voobly?

Poll: Do we want DE on Voobly
Yes
No
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:08 am
I don't understand this argument "because of performance issues". I think we/you (if I can help in any way pm me) should try and bring the Authentic DE here, through some contract with Microsoft and get their help with setting up everything properly so that people can play AOE2DE on Voobly. Steam is just another multiplayer platform, and from what I have understood Voobly can host Microsoft multiplayer games with their consent. So I don't think it's such a gigantic leap to just bring the Authentic AOE2DE to Voobly so that players can enjoy the product on a different matchmaking platform? Please explain.
This is exactly what we have been trying to achieve last year. We even discussed a cross play scenario and even offered them to acquire Voobly. However, there is "no political will" to revive the old MSN Gaming Zone or use a client that would bring back the spirit of the old Zone. We are supposed to buy the game for the fourth time (three times if you exclude Age of Empires II Gold Edition) and continue using their weird in-game match making making platform without any social gaming features (chat, messenger, lobbies).

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 18 April 2020 - 2:48 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
This is exactly what we have been trying to achieve last year. We even discussed a cross play scenario and even offered them to acquire Voobly. However, there is "no political will" to revive the old MSN Gaming Zone or use a client that would bring back the spirit of the old Zone. We are supposed to buy the game for the fourth time (three times if you exclude Age of Empires II Gold Edition) and continue using their weird in-game match making making platform without any social gaming features (chat, messenger, lobbies).

feelsbadman
Link | Reply | Quote
 D1ng2431

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:37 am
is WK DE coming ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:40 am
D1ng2431 wrote:
is WK DE coming ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']koandcul1

Posted 20 April 2020 - 4:43 pm
I'm happy to see both DE and Voobly doing very good right now, talking more about the amount of new players that came to this beautiful game.

aoe legacy is on fire ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 23 April 2020 - 5:54 pm
Atleast DE you can play a game without desync

Voobly is hands down superior in every way>
Link | Reply | Quote
 NighttFury

Edited 25 June 2020 - 4:28 pm by NighttFury
Any news or an approximate release date about the next WK update?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sapioit

Posted 9 August 2020 - 10:49 pm
So i think there should be Voobly sponsored tournaments for different levels , reovating Vobly Official Twitch channel

Twitch and youtube, even if it's just using restream to get the same content on both platforms.

Tournaments with no prizes (just for fun), using maps which encourage strange strategies, as well as co-op tournaments (two or more players playing the same color, controlling the same units and buildings) would be unique enough to get Voobly popular again. Too bad the default (as in most-played and most-developed) place for AoE2 on Voobly doesn't include the other expansions after The Conquerors.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Walt_

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:51 am
DE has an identity crises. It is made by Microsoft, but sold through steam along with xBox store. MP system is Microsoft, but player base mostly is from Steam. It doesn't have the comfortable Messenger and Friend list system as Voobly has and that is most annoying part. How can you make a multiplayer game without even having the option to talk to the person who you liked playing, is just beyond me.
There are issues of disconnects, and no save and exit option among other things. Overall, It has its own demerits. But, minimal lag, new level of graphics and the enforcement of the MP system to play "the map" it selects, out weighs them.

I feel what Chris has mentioned in the opening post linked and concur his thoughts. The community is getting divided. People are leaving the castle.

Wonderful memories here.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 September 2020 - 7:55 pm
Please help us improving WololoKingdoms DE:
https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1371/WololoKingdoms-DE
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ozaru

Posted 12 October 2020 - 9:10 am
wow, this is what i was thinking, as some developers created a patch for aoc HD, i thought that it could possible to do de same for DE, and theyre already working on it, great, just a quesiton mr chris, i have steam and have purchased DE but my pc doesnt run the game propperly, but still can play at least one game until my collapse, for example today i played a mode wich i was mongol and i had steppe lancer, i was excited and i thought thay maybe with the new civs and bonuses u can atract players again, old players and new players, here in mexico and latin america, theres a lot of people that have computer, but not a good enough one to run the game, as me, and with a good promotion on social media(in mexico and latam people use more facebook than instagram or twiter), and high ranked players being streamed by someone in an specific streaming staff, could be Marauder, or any one you could choose, selecting players from diferent countries, the highest voobly has at this moment , even an streamer per country, due to not all the latinamerican population are bilingual, it could get all those users that doesnt acomplish the requeriments to run DE, i mean, central and south america, people tend to take longer to renew his computer ... that kind of improvement you need? or you were talking about as a developer xD greetings, and thanks for the effort
Link | Reply | Quote
 AnLaoch

Posted 11 December 2020 - 6:33 pm
As much as I miss being able to chat with teammates on voobly, it was voobly that caused me to quit due to the sheer amount of bugs I would experience and having to wait days to get any support. For anyone looking to improve, the DE system is leaps and bounds better too. On voobly I would have to wait forever for someone to join a game but the DE system will find one within 5-10 minutes even at high levels. I understand budget constraints but with the new system, it is no wonder we are seeing the overall level of players skyrocket. I am far better now than I ever was on voobly and there I struggle to play at a 1600 level. Because of this, I am doubtful Voobly will ever see a return of those that left.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']koandcul1

Posted 11 December 2020 - 7:01 pm
AnLaoch wrote:
On voobly I would have to wait forever for someone to join a game but the DE system will find one within 5-10 minutes even at high levels.
You were probably trying to play at hours most of players were sleeping or at work.

From 20 PM utc my MAX wait time would had been 3 to 5 mins, even for crazy nonsense maps ( I'm talking about TG/DIPLO )

I do believe will be useful a auto matchup system like in DE, but it SHOULD NOT fully remove the current system is now, because I personally like to have control and decide who I'm playing against
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nubinator

Posted 28 October 2021 - 6:55 pm
Nah man, why have the auto system? That's the biggest difference. Here you make games through the community and in DE you don't.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kenbeimer

Posted 10 November 2021 - 12:08 pm
Actually hoping for a patch with the new civs, but old graphics. (untill before DE)
I dont really like the new graphics. :-P

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 30 posts