No
 __WarpedBiotic_

Posted 6 April 2020 - 8:57 pm
Is it coming?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 April 2020 - 11:50 pm
The WK team will release a new version of WK soon, which will bring most of the DE QoL features to AOC. This will not include the enhanced graphics (due to lagging / performance issues) and the new civs (legal issues with MS).

Reference: "AOE 2 DE comming to Voobly ?"
Link | Reply | Quote
 BlackMetalAPOEL

Posted 8 April 2020 - 7:13 am
That will not bring the pros back. And without the pros, voobly will begin to die
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 8 April 2020 - 7:22 am
That will not bring the pros back. And without the pros, voobly will begin to die

Believe it or not we have gained over triple the size this past month if anything we're growing with many NEW players and with Corona we are even seeing old players comeback into the scene.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Elpeordetodos

Posted 8 April 2020 - 5:29 pm
It would so nice to play with the new civs also :( What about to force the players to have bought the DE to play the new WK mod? Similar what happened with WK and HD in the first place. I dont think that will bring back the pros and other players that are in DE, beacause of the servers, and the ranked queue people will stay there. But a lot of players were left behind beacuse of the system requirements
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 8 April 2020 - 6:33 pm by Troy
Unfortunately like eric said "This will not include the enhanced graphics (due to lagging / performance issues) and the new civs (legal issues with MS)."

If MS(Microsoft) allowed Voobly I'm sure we could get the civs too. Unfortunately it would be legal issues if we just bring the civs without consent. So were unable to bring the civs until further notice.
Link | Reply | Quote
 __WarpedBiotic_

Posted 9 April 2020 - 5:45 pm
I don't understand this argument "because of performance issues". I think we/you (if I can help in any way pm me) should try and bring the Authentic DE here, through some contract with Microsoft and get their help with setting up everything properly so that people can play AOE2DE on Voobly. Steam is just another multiplayer platform, and from what I have understood Voobly can host Microsoft multiplayer games with their consent. So I don't think it's such a gigantic leap to just bring the Authentic AOE2DE to Voobly so that players can enjoy the product on a different matchmaking platform? Please explain.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Zaid

Posted 9 April 2020 - 6:24 pm
Waiting for it =)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Anik3t

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:49 am
Everyone wants DE to be on voobly , even developers i guess.
But main part is that maybe it's hard to program or maybe legal issues with microsoft.

Let's suppose one day Microsoft denies the distribution of game to any other game zones and makes one for itself. Noone will be able to do anything. And it will be death of all i believe ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Eleandro

Posted 14 April 2020 - 2:54 pm
Sounds exciting to get the DE features on voobly! "Soon" is quite flexibel; will it be released within April?
Link | Reply | Quote
 No_Entry_4_U

Posted 15 April 2020 - 9:09 am
per friends who play DE religiously now the game doesn't lag due to the dedicated 'private' servers, they wont be coming here and the game will be uber laggy as its system requirements are far higher then aoe2's are. voobly wont be spending any money to update servers and neither will msn for the low amount of population we have here so just enjoy AoC / WK and the dumb "DE mod" we have for visual and game nerfing like Korea' +1 and palisade gates etc
Link | Reply | Quote
 No_Entry_4_U

Posted 15 April 2020 - 9:15 am
actually voobly had and has continued to "die" as you put it but it wont die off unless the staff / owner here pulls the plug, most remaining players are die hard AoC or WK or Voobly fans and the game has been around more then 2 decades and going strong. as for "the pros", who cares? they all followed the money to be had from msn and other game supporters and didn't go to actually play DE for its "greatness" DE is a Ripoff from AoE 3 and AoM in its graphics, play style, match making, and everything else. its like a new toy or novelty currently and within the next 18 months you will see it taper off as msn and other sponsors will start leaving and it will simply be just "another game" I tried steam once back when I bought the wk mod and it sucked really bad for gaming, massive laggg and just crappy by comparison to here. a lot of the high rated players come back from time to time to play and anytime DE has issues, bugs, etc they will come here more then not, those who don't and play on steam, they can kiss our behinds 1111
Link | Reply | Quote
 simonsan

Edited 15 April 2020 - 12:24 pm by simonsan
Maybe a way to achieve this in the near future could be FreeAge:
Quote:
An open-source reimplementation of the game engine of Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition
[You must login to view link]

It's similar to projects like [You must login to view link] that, I assume, will still take some time to develop (due to less hardcoding with Modding and Scripting API, conversion of assets, basically completely different approach).

FreeAge uses server-client communication and will provide a reconnect functionality. I think there might be kind of a hypervisor needed for Voobly to spin up servers for matches on the fly, but I believe/hope the Voobly infrastructure can be easily adopted to that.

Looking forward to what Voobly will achieve in the near future.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 ertu

Posted 16 April 2020 - 5:58 pm
voobly needs pro players here. so voobly need AOE 2 DE. without pro players no game to spec and no fun
Link | Reply | Quote
 [NHN]AnotherGalaxys

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:21 pm
Voobly needs to make strong the community that has continued on Voobly and WK itself, just with some neccesary pugrades but not changing to DE completely. The top pros left, yeah, but there are many 2k players playing daily on Voobly, like Lojza, Alive, Zaid, Speedlimit, KingMarv, Chaos2win, Tatakae, Ray, Lemur, Culunguele, Locus, Hya, Ivanov, Neman and much others.

So i think there should be Voobly sponsored tournaments for different levels , reovating Vobly Official Twitch channel, plus recovering RTS League by Voobly-Black Adder colaboration. That would be atracting new players and fomenting clan culture.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 30 posts