AOE2 DE on Voobly?

Poll: Do we want DE on Voobly
Yes
No
 +[email protected]

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:08 am
I don't understand this argument "because of performance issues". I think we/you (if I can help in any way pm me) should try and bring the Authentic DE here, through some contract with Microsoft and get their help with setting up everything properly so that people can play AOE2DE on Voobly. Steam is just another multiplayer platform, and from what I have understood Voobly can host Microsoft multiplayer games with their consent. So I don't think it's such a gigantic leap to just bring the Authentic AOE2DE to Voobly so that players can enjoy the product on a different matchmaking platform? Please explain.
This is exactly what we have been trying to achieve last year. We even discussed a cross play scenario and even offered them to acquire Voobly. However, there is "no political will" to revive the old MSN Gaming Zone or use a client that would bring back the spirit of the old Zone. We are supposed to buy the game for the fourth time (three times if you exclude Age of Empires II Gold Edition) and continue using their weird in-game match making making platform without any social gaming features (chat, messenger, lobbies).

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 18 April 2020 - 2:48 pm
This is exactly what we have been trying to achieve last year. We even discussed a cross play scenario and even offered them to acquire Voobly. However, there is "no political will" to revive the old MSN Gaming Zone or use a client that would bring back the spirit of the old Zone. We are supposed to buy the game for the fourth time (three times if you exclude Age of Empires II Gold Edition) and continue using their weird in-game match making making platform without any social gaming features (chat, messenger, lobbies).

feelsbadman
Link | Reply | Quote
 D1ng2431

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:37 am
is WK DE coming ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:40 am
D1ng2431 wrote:
is WK DE coming ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']koandcul1

Posted 20 April 2020 - 4:43 pm
I'm happy to see both DE and Voobly doing very good right now, talking more about the amount of new players that came to this beautiful game.

aoe legacy is on fire ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 23 April 2020 - 5:54 pm
Atleast DE you can play a game without desync

Voobly is hands down superior in every way>
Link | Reply | Quote
 NighttFury

Edited 25 June 2020 - 4:28 pm by NighttFury
Any news or an approximate release date about the next WK update?

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 22 out of 22 posts