Recorded games

lokipoki68

Posted 25 March 2020 - 6:47 pm
I want to watch recorded games (not in Voobly) but in for example VLC player and be able to put the recordings into Sony Vegas to edit them and upload them to YT. I know it can be done somehow, because I have seen lots of videos on YT, I just don't know how. Is it possible to do it or will I have to record them myself using screen recorder? What is the .mzg video format and has the format something to do with it? Please help!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 March 2020 - 7:09 am
The format is proprietary and I doubt you will have any luck to play those files with any modern-day video players. You will need to use the game to play those recordings. That said, I am clearly not an expert on streaming and casting, I am guessing, people do use screen recorders.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Posted 26 March 2020 - 7:46 am
You should really ask to any Streamer you see around the lobbies :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Edited 19 May 2020 - 5:30 pm by finally_free_
Hi mate,

To do what you want to do, you just need a software to record the screen while watching the recording on Voobly.

I suggest you one of this two softwares that can be used to stream and also to just record the screen: OBS or Streamlabs (The one i use).

Once you made your choice between one of this two (I suggest you Streamlabs in case in the future you plan to stream, because it have really cool features that can be added while streaming like for example events, allerts, ladders, live chat etc...), and when it's the time to chose the source, select "Display Record", because if you choose "Game Capture" it will not record the game. For other games except Voobly ones, you need to chose "Game Capture".

I suggest to you to make a new folder in the secondary Hard Disk if you have it, because the recordings (on high settings, like 1080p 60fps) tend to be very big files.

One tip is to reduce the size of recordings if you need them only to make clips and edit them, just record the recording in fast speed and eventually reduce the speed when you are in post editing. Don't know wich software for editing the video you using, but for sure it have a tool for that.

In the future if you need, i can help you also with streaming settings in case you plan to do it.

Hope you to hear you soon :)

[Thread Closed]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts