Disconnecting every 15mins

Fruitface

Posted 22 March 2020 - 1:15 pm
Hey guys,

I downloaded and installed voobly a few weeks ago, and everything seems to be working fine, but when I am playing AOEII HD against someone, every time Voobly disconnects after about 15-20mins. This is the error i get:

"Network Connection Error [Code: 10000001]. Connection errors are typically caused by a temporary server outage, a firewall, or a problem with your internet connection. If it's been a long time since you've connected to Voobly it's recommended that you redownload the client from the website."

I have tried deactivating all firewalls, but it still happens. This is somewhat annoying as I lose every game because of this.
Do you know what could be causing this?

Link | Reply | Quote

Posted 22 March 2020 - 2:06 pm
Hi there, Lets try few things to get more info and help ya out. First go to the "Lobby Broswer" and click Options>Network Diagnostic. See what it says and post the output here. Second, have you tried re-installing voobly client? 3rd Are you on wifi or wired connection?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fruitface

Edited 25 March 2020 - 9:17 pm by Fruitface
Hi thanks for your quick reply. Yes I have tried reinstalling the Voobly client, nothing changed. and I am connected over WIFI, Perhaps I can try find an ethernet cable to try with, thanks for the tip. I ran the Network diagnostics and this was the output:

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 March 2020 - 6:59 am
Hello there,

Your network diagnostics result seems to be fine and since you are able to play on Voobly, there is nothing wrong with your connection setup or firewall either. Disconnections mid-game are usually caused by a sudden and abrupt loss in your internet connection. This could be a problem with your ISP or faulty equipment (such as a router/ modem, cable etc) at your end. In some rare cases, this can also be a problem with the Voobly client. While it's certainly possible that you may be disconnecting owing to a sudden spike in the number of players within the lobby, it is highly unlikely if it's just you who is disconnecting every time. I would suggest, trying a wired line connection to your router/ modem (make sure the cable you are using is not faulty and is securely plugged in). If that does not work, try swapping or changing your router with another one (if you do have a spare one). Finally, if nothing works, call your ISP and inform them about the problem. This could very well be a problem at their end.

Some additional steps worth trying:

1. Restart your computer and/ or try to use a different computer to see if the outcome is any different
2. Try using a different network (another wifi/ wired connection). If that is not possible, set up a mobile hotspot and try connecting to it. Please note that mobile networks are not ideal for gaming on Voobly, however, it should suffice for your testing needs.
3. Check if your public IP has changed every time you get disconnected. If that is the case, you may need to speak to your ISP about it.
4. Lastly, if you are using any VPN or proxy, try connecting without it.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts