lobby connecting issues

Leitungswasser

Posted 30 December 2019 - 6:32 pm
Hello, in the last days I happened to have (and a few of my friends aswell) some problens to connect the medieval siege looby. Once I try to join the lobby through the game browser voobly often freezes and the only way to solve it is by using the task manager.

I think, it happened the first time on 25th december (I think there was an update before starting voobly...). That time a friend of mine faced the same problem.
Both of us restarted voobly a few times and even our computers and routers. For me it didnt work after like 5 tries. My friend had a couple more trys and finally made it into the lobby, but couldnt do anything then, because voobly kept freezing then.
I tried it like 5 hours later again and it worked without any problems.

Today noon it happened again. This time I reinstalled voobly - worked fine till I downloaded the update after entering the lobby. After I restarted voobly like 10 times I could join the lobby, but once I switched the lobby to full screen, it froze again.

I heard about the the same issues from 4-5 friends. We dont have the same provider and we dont live in the same region (atleast if germany is not one region, that is)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Leitungswasser

Posted 1 January 2020 - 2:31 pm
So right now, I have that problem again. First try I entered the lobby and it froze right after, 2nd try voobly froze while I tried to connect...

I only needed like 10 tries this time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 January 2020 - 8:58 am
The 'Medieval Siege' lobby is one of the most popular lobbies on Voobly and can get crowded occasionally (especially on holidays and peak times). If at any given point in time you are able to connect to all but one lobby, it is likely that the lobby in question is receiving higher than normal connection requests at that point in time. The best thing to do here is to simply try again later.

People with slower connections to Voobly, or issues with their internet connection (such as intermittent packet losses) are more likely to be unable to connect during such peak times. Reinstalling Voobly will therefore not fix your problem.

Side note: Do not click anywhere or try to maximize any lobbies until Voobly has finished loading all lobbies on your screen. Doing so will inherently increase the chances of a lobby crash/freeze)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts