Problem uploading a (large) mod

MacB00

Posted 20 December 2019 - 9:38 am
Hello
I recently completed porting a rather large mod from HD (Project AG3 - under the new name AG3 Ancient Empires, ported with additional content) to Voobly and the compressed zip filesize sits at 235 mb
Uncompressed/extracted it is 380

For context, I have rather poor internet - when I tried to upload it it would get to 7% and crash to a page saying something like can't connect to server (i can provide screens if needed)
So i reuploaded the mod to [You must login to view link], sent it to a friend to upload on my behalf, and he got to 70% before getting the same error

Then I sent it to another friend with the same goal who I know has excellent internet
He consistently keeps getting to 99% before being redirected to this error

You must login into Voobly to view image

With that I'm inclined to believe it's a size issue, though compressed the zip file isn't much larger than Realms
Is there any solution to my issue? Will I have to cut back the size somehow, or is there some voobly related problem I'm missing?
Thanks

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 20 December 2019 - 1:34 pm by [MM]Gallas
hi MacB00,
MacB00 wrote:
With that I'm inclined to believe it's a size issue, though compressed the zip file isn't much larger than Realms
Is there any solution to my issue?
Yes, that's the problem, and you either cut out some parts to reduce the size under 100MB, or separate some parts into a visual mod, which won't cause issues, if not downloaded with the main file (some sounds, big graphics for editor only, etc).
Link | Reply | Quote
 MacB00

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:01 pm
Thanks! I'll do that

Is there a way to like make a mod automatically download with another?
If the file size is 100 MB then how do mods like realms sit at 260~, is it because the size limit doesn't apply to updating or am I missing something?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 21 December 2019 - 12:03 pm
It won't auto-download by the other mod-file sorry. About Realms, its a well tested and used mod here at Voobly and have a special (admin-only) treatment, that's why it can extend this limit. Only option for now is the separation, or cutting out parts to reduce under 100MB.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MacB00

Edited 21 December 2019 - 1:57 pm by MacB00
Well, are there any conditions in which my mod can extend the limit?

I may seem minimalist but this is a mod that I've worked months on between HD and Voobly (probably collectively a year between these releases) and has been tested thoroughly through my communities
Despite it not being very popular (with 700 dls on hd) there's no shortage of effort, I ported to voobly for the simplicity of not needing to download a separate text file which was the main block in getting traction on my mod in multiplayer

Edit: Between the data, drs and graphics, rms, scenarios, I strongly doubt I'll actually be able to cut it below 100 MB and still preserve all of the content added in the mod. I'll certainly try but again it lies at 260-380 mb and there's not a lot that i can cut out that isn't essential
Even save some of the bonus content such as campaign and rms the resources it sits on is pretty large
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 21 December 2019 - 3:26 pm by [MM]Gallas
I suggest contact with [MM]Vardamir117 about how to extend the file-size limit.
(or directly with +chris@voobly)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts