Voobly cant find anguage_x1.dll

GotchYa

Posted 5 September 2019 - 10:34 pm
Hello,
I want to play Voobly, but the diagnostic tool says "Can't find language_x1.dll"
Code:
Non-DirectPlay Spiel-Pfad ist 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc' Überprüfe 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll' existstiert... Failure! The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location.

And yes, the .dll does not exist. But where can I get it? How can I fix it?

I use w10 64bit
AOE II is installed on E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD
Voobly is installed on C:\Program Files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\

Btw, you should give the installer an option to give an installation path. It just puts Voobly on C although I want it on E
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Posted 6 September 2019 - 7:47 am
Have you already installed the Compatibility Patch?
Link | Reply | Quote
 GotchYa

Posted 6 September 2019 - 12:20 pm
OK thank you, I installed it and got a little further. But now I have another problem. It says " Checksum of 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' is ffffffff which doesn't match the expected value. The file has been tampered with or removed. This is mostly because of a virus, it's recommended that you upload the file to [You must login to view link] to scan for viruses. You can also try reinstalling Voobly to see if the problem goes away."

Full error:
Code:
Non-DirectPlay Spiel-Pfad ist 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc' Überprüfe 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll' existstiert... Erfolgreich! Überprüfe 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' existstiert... Erfolgreich! Voobly-Pfad ist 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly' Spiel-Version ist '1.0C-VLY' Überprüfe 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1_p1.dll' existstiert... Erfolgreich! Überprüfe DirectPlay Libraries... Suche nach dpwsockx.dll... Suche nach dplayx.dll... 'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes DirectPlay Init Erfolgreich! Scanne installierte DirectPlay Spiele... Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found] Spiel wurde in DirectPlay Registry geunden! DirectPlay deutet auf diesen Installationspfad hin 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc' DirectPlay Command-Line ist 'Lobby' DirectPlay deutet auf diese Spiel-exe hin 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe' Überprüfe Datei existstiert... Erfolgreich! DirectPlay deutet darauf diese Language dll hin 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll' Überprüfe Datei existstiert... Erfolgreich! Scanne 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' Failure! Checksum of 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' is ffffffff which doesn't match the expected value. The file has been tampered with or removed. This is mostly because of a virus, it's recommended that you upload the file to http://www.virustotal.com to scan for viruses. You can also try reinstalling Voobly to see if the problem goes away.

Virustotal says: [You must login to view link]

I tried to reinstall Voobly, but still get the same error
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 9 September 2019 - 10:55 am
Hello, I can see that you've played a game since this post was made. Is there anything else you need help with?

/Eric
Link | Reply | Quote
 GotchYa

Posted 9 September 2019 - 3:08 pm
Well, I do still get that error. But i close it and can play.
Another thing is, that if i move my screen it is very laggy. The scroll speed does not change anything. Normal HD version feels way better.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 10 September 2019 - 1:35 pm by +eric@voobly
1. Download, run, remove quarantined items: [You must login to view link]

Game room settings:

1. [You must login to view link]
2. [You must login to view link]
3. [You must login to view link]

Let us know how it went and have a nice day!

Regards,
Eric

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts