spectator know how the match was started is it possible?

11closed

Posted 15 August 2019 - 9:23 pm
Hello, I want to make a tournament of Age of Empires 2, and I will use spectator MODE to moderate the match with 8 players, is there any way for the spectator to know how the exact settings the match was started on?

I will enter as a spectator, I need to make sure that the settings have been followed according to the rules of the game, for example: If the match is required to be with civilization selection = "random", is there any way for the spectator to know if all participants actually left the same random civilization?

Another question, on the "profile" page on the voobly website, has a tab called "Moderation Log" what does it mean?

Is there any other better and safer way to moderate a match with 8 players?
Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Posted 19 August 2019 - 9:07 am
Hi mate,

I think it's not possible to check in game which settings related to teams where chosen before the game started, you can check in the objectives (first from left located in the top right squares) the other settings related to that specific game.

In the moderation log there is nothing relevant, only adjustement related to the ladder made on that account (like point change related to matches).

About moderation, it's not possible to moderate a game in "live", i understand what you mean by that, but actually this will need a huge rework and i don't think it's possible, since the source code of aoe2 it's not been released and probably will never be.

To "moderate" a match the only option is to spec and check what's going on, host of the game have the "power" of the room so if all chose the same setting before the match started is on his "charge".

And obviously there is a possibility to complain that specific game or player.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts