WK not showing in the Mod dropdown menu

threeddd

Posted 3 August 2019 - 7:31 pm
Hi all,

I am trying to run WK on voobly, however WK is not showing in the "Mod" dropdown menu in the general settings when I host a game. I have bought the game and the expansions on steam, installed the aoc mod to play on voobly and the 1.5 User Patch. WK was properly installed (the files are showing in the \Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods folder). I ran the updater and installer (as admin) for WK several times, reinstalled the User Patch, reinstalled voobly, checked that aoc is running on voobly ok without the mod, checked that other local mods and data mods (e.g. data vision) can be installed and they are showing in the dropdown menu. For some reason WK is still not showing as an option.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 4 August 2019 - 5:40 pm
One possible cause might be that you have two installations of AoC on your computer and WK was installed to the wrong one.
Open a Voobly Lobby like NPL. Under "Help", choose "open game directory...". Does it open the Age2HD folder or a different one?

If it uses a different folder, you can choose that folder during WK installation.
Link | Reply | Quote
 threeddd

Posted 9 August 2019 - 8:30 pm
Thanks for replying - the correct folder is showing as the target directory. Other possible solutions?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 9 August 2019 - 11:27 pm
Hmm if it's installed in the right directory it should always show. Just to make sure, you're checking in the data mod dropdown, not the local mod list, correct?
Can you maybe make screenshots of the dropdown and the wololoKingdoms folder?
Link | Reply | Quote
 threeddd

Posted 17 August 2019 - 8:55 pm
Sure... Screenshots of the relevant directories and the lobby drop-down menu attached.

Thanks for your time on this btw, it's a really weird issue.
Attachments:
All mods save location.png (file size: 18.36 KB)
Mods showing in settings.png (file size: 112.49 KB)
WK save location.png (file size: 40.93 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 24 August 2019 - 8:44 pm
I can't see any issues unfortunately. For now, best I can suggest is to completely remove existing WK files and do a clean reinstallation of the mod. I published a new version of the installer today - nothing specific to address this problem, but maybe it helps by chance anyway. The new version is 5.8.1 (f)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts