game diagonstic tool problem

rocker1

Posted 24 June 2019 - 8:33 pm
hi guy today i cant play on voobly any idea how to fix this problem ? yasterday was fine ...
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\age of empires ii'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\age of empires ii\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\age of empires ii\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\age of empires ii\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes
DirectPlay Init Failure!

DirectPlay failed to load properly. This is probably an OS installation bug. You might need to reinstall your operating system. Windows 8.1 and later users can install DirectPlay through Control Panel -> Programs -> Turns Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:24 pm
Hi.

Please, as mentionned in the Game Diagnostics, try this :
rocker1 wrote:
You might need to reinstall your operating system. Windows 8.1 and later users can install DirectPlay through Control Panel -> Programs -> Turns Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay.

Try and let me know if it works.
Link | Reply | Quote
 rocker1

Posted 25 June 2019 - 4:02 pm
i did, still not working
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:11 pm
Okay, please follow this very carefully :

Go to : Control Panel -> Programs -> Turns Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay

IF you found it activated, disable it, then RESTART your computer.

Once restarted go again there : Control Panel -> Programs -> Turns Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay

Enable the feature and RESTART once again.

It should fix the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 rocker1

Posted 26 June 2019 - 1:10 am
The problem there no 'Legacy Components' not in the list its missing , i have windows 7
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 26 June 2019 - 12:06 pm by hassan
Do you have Windows 7 Home Premium ?

Please try this and follow it carefully : (Note: While doing this make sure to do NOT open your Game and Voobly.)

1 - Download this [You must login to view link] and run the setup as admin and install it.

2- Re-Register your dplay.dll file again as follows:
Go to Start menu, search... CMD and open the system Command Prompt (black) window as administrator (right-click).
Next, type the following command: regsvr32 /u dplayx.dll and press [Enter] - This will Un-Register your file.
Again, type the following command: regsvr32 /i dplayx.dll and press [Enter] - This will Re-Register your file.

3- Finally, restart your computer.

Let me know if it works.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts