Age of SILENCE?!

SlatPat

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:25 pm
Hello.
ADMIN Note: If this is the wrong forum, please move it to the appropriate one.

My game is very quiet. The volume in game is all the way up, and it is as high as all other apps in Volume Mixer. Still I have to crank up the volume on my speakers to get to the game to have somewhat normal volume like the other apps running on my PC. I like to listen to music in the background while playing, but I have to turn my music very low down and crank up the volume to get Age to be louder than the music. Is this fixable or is the game simply so old that this is just how it is?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:22 pm
Hi.

This is definitely something wrong with your audio configuration. The game supports perfectly volume adjusting. Please check with the volume mixer of Windows. You might have the volume lowered from there.

Also, make sure to have the correct audio drivers installed, in order to fully enjoy the features of your audio hardware.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SlatPat

Posted 25 June 2019 - 1:35 pm
The volume mixer is adjusted so every app is on full volume and the PC is from January, so the drivers should definitely be up to date... I only experience this in Age on Voobly... not if I play on Steam
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 25 June 2019 - 3:08 pm
How did you install the game with Voobly ? Did you use any third-party tool ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 SlatPat

Posted 26 June 2019 - 6:15 am
I am not sure. I just installed Vooblyy and it did the rest? And it did the rest, found the files in steam etc
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:18 pm
Hi.

Please provide the game diagnostics (Go to your lobby, Options->Game Diagnostics-> Begin scan) Copy paste the result.

Also, you can try this solution :

Try disable run as admin mode and see if that helps.

-> Inside your game room at top under "Game" menu: Go to Windows Compatibility -> uncheck Run as administrator and start your game and try change the volume settings.

Give us your feedback.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SlatPat

Posted 27 June 2019 - 9:40 pm
I will do the diagnostics later, I just came to say, that I used WololoKingdoms Converter to install the game on Voobly
Link | Reply | Quote
 SlatPat

Posted 28 June 2019 - 3:29 pm
Here is the results from the diagnostics:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists...
Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists...
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts