AoC crashes after start game

[WTF]Interlet

Posted 18 June 2019 - 9:53 pm
I've got a legit steam version of AOE2 HD, and I had a problem initially to install the compatibility patch.

I can launch the game on the second attempt, (it never seems to launch first time) and I can get into the game creation part, with other players, map, difficulty etc, but when I click launch, after I'm ready, after it loads, I hear a monk conversion sound, then the game stops and it takes me back to the desktop.

Has anyone heard this?

I've tried for 4 days to get someone in the tech support room, but there is never anyone in there, and when I join the queue no one bothers to take my issue on.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Edited 18 June 2019 - 10:36 pm by [WTF]Interlet
I've tried to go into tech support for several days
Attachments:
Untitled.png (file size: 216.84 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:07 pm
on-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists...
Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists...
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 19 June 2019 - 5:30 pm
Really? Are there no people here anymore to offer any tech support whatsoever? I've tried in the tech room, now I post on here, and still no one replies. Where is everyone?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 20 June 2019 - 8:05 am
I’m gonna keep bumping this until someone actually **** helps
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 22 June 2019 - 9:02 pm
Will a tech support person actually reply, I’m not joking
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:32 am
Bump
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 23 June 2019 - 8:08 pm
Hi.

Please wait until a technical support answers. We are all here volunteering to help and we got our lives, so please there is no need to bump the thread with multiple messages.

Concerning your problem, do you have any antivirus ? Did you install the game through any third-party program ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 24 June 2019 - 6:05 pm
So 5 days is an acceptable period of time, when other users get responses?

Yes, I have AVG free, but its is not causing any problem with the game or voobly.

As I said, in my original post, if you'd read it, I have a legitimate purchased copy of AoEII HD, installed via Steam.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:18 pm
So 5 days is an acceptable period of time, when other users get responses?

As I said, if you had read my post as well, we're here volunteering. It means we allocate a certain amount of free time to help people. So yeah it is acceptable, as all users get equally the same help. No one is prefered there.
Yes, I have AVG free, but its is not causing any problem with the game or voobly.

AVG is, from my experience, causing multiple problems, including this one. I would suggest you to add Voobly + the game path to the exclusions list so AVG might not scan it while launching. Sometimes, even uninstalling AVG is solving completely the problem, but that's another matter we can conclude after multiple troubleshooting.
As I said, in my original post, if you'd read it, I have a legitimate purchased copy of AoEII HD, installed via Steam.

No one there helps without reading a post don't worry. Also, there are multiple third-party programs that are created by the community, and which of course we do not recommend to use. Those programs install the game from the purchased copy files. About Voobly, you cannot just install the game from Steam and play. You'll need a compatibility patch to install in order to convert the game to the 1999 CD version so you can play with other people. If you proceeded so, please ignore this part and focus on the antivirus part.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:37 am
Thank you about the info about AVG, I will look into it and see if it makes a difference. I've installed the compatibility patch, as per the Voobly guide, including the "New Folder" files in the correct location.

One other thing that might be relevant is the original installation folder. This PC has both SSD and HDD.

Its automatic preference is to install everything into the SSD, so I allowed all programs - Steam, Voobly and Age2 to be installed in the x86 folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 27 June 2019 - 2:18 am
Seems to be working now ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 27 June 2019 - 3:04 am
Great. I will wait some few days before considering this solved if you still encounter any issue/problem. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_RB]Namwar

Posted 10 July 2019 - 3:10 pm
i am having almost identical problem and i dont have any antivirus or anything. i have installed the patch again but no solution.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TunaKhan

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:48 pm
Pls post your own thread if the above steps, solutions are not available for you

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 15 posts