Rundll32.exe issue

_CarLitros_

Posted 26 June 2019 - 6:56 pm
I have same problem, even AOE exit when I resume and i've lost like 10 games trying.
GG voobly;tears
Link | Reply | Quote
 Runwarrior

Edited 26 June 2019 - 11:06 pm by Runwarrior
Hi,

This worked for me:
[You must login to view link]

If you don't trust running this bat, what you need to do is to rename the file "gameux.dll" in "windows\syswow64\" or "windows\system32\". In order to do so, you need to:

1) Start a cmd shell as administrator
2) cd to the corresponding folder (syswow64 or system32)
3) Get ownership of this file by typing "takeown /f gameux.dll"
4) Get permissions to change the file by typing "cacls gameux.dll /E /P %username%:F"
5) Rename the file by typing "ren gameux.dll gameux_dll_bak"
6) Close the shell by typing "exit"

Remark: All commands have to be typed in of course without apostrophes "".

Hope this helps

Thanks, this solution worked for me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 UltraKhan

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:28 am
+chris@voobly wrote:
Or perhaps, what is more likely, that this is caused by a faulty windows update, given the fact, that Voobly has not changed its code for almost 8 weeks, while the last patch day for MS operating systems was less than two weeks ago.

Please allow us more time to troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution. You are absolutely right if you say, that you we certainly won't mess with system files.
This issue happened to me ONLY recently after reinstalled voobly.
For example I never update my OS windows 7 and both in the old and new reinstall of the OS this happened ONLY recently.
I wondered if this was some kind of background mining thing before I found the solution on google (the same regilkentaurus posted) which worked , as it was maxing out CPU and rendered the game in freezing state ... It is serious issue that you guys should adress with an update of voobly client as most don't read forums and just leave voobly...
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:48 am
UltraKhan wrote:
This issue happened to me ONLY recently after reinstalled voobly.
For example I never update my OS windows 7 and both in the old and new reinstall of the OS this happened ONLY recently.
I wondered if this was some kind of background mining thing before I found the solution on google (the same regilkentaurus posted) which worked , as it was maxing out CPU and rendered the game in freezing state ... It is serious issue that you guys should adress with an update of voobly client as most don't read forums and just leave voobly...

Windows keeps updating automaticly. Some W.U modules are forcing the process, even if it's manual or not. It has absolutely nothing to do with Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Osprey_

Posted 28 June 2019 - 6:50 pm
It has nothing to do with windows updates ,i have windows update service disabled ,i even formated my pc ,and the problem still remains
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BzK]F1Re

Posted 29 June 2019 - 4:06 am
same here
Link | Reply | Quote
 [8D]Riukas

Edited 29 June 2019 - 7:44 am by [8D]Riukas
It's related to gameux.dll, I found the same fix a week or so ago. On AOE1 the same problem, and even if AOE is started outside of Voobly (i.e. running empires.exe directly). So it is not related to Voobly. Need to just get rid of gameux.dll; there's no other known solution.

This [You must login to view link]
Or straight to this script [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Chiuhra

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:49 pm
same here, my pc overheat because of this
Link | Reply | Quote
 noobly_knob

Posted 1 July 2019 - 9:10 pm
Exact same issue.
Rundll stays even after closing the voobly client.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BBB']feller

Posted 1 July 2019 - 9:26 pm
Had the same issue some time ago, it happens when the rundll32 tries to connect to [You must login to view link] but can't make the connection, so it just hangs. RigilKentaurus method worked for me as well. Delete/rename gameux.dll in c:/windows/sysWOW64. If you want to use Windows Explorer, here is a way to get permission to edit the file [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Plebsi]DrPlebsi

Posted 2 July 2019 - 7:41 pm
hi
I don''t know if your issue has been fixed or not, but I had the same problem on windows 7 and the solution here worked for me : [You must login to view link]
(download and use the BAT file)
Link | Reply | Quote
 nicetobeatyou

Posted 3 July 2019 - 11:41 pm
exactly the same problem here. when i stopped rundll.32, it fixes all;However i cant start the game at first attempt, on the second attempt it works and opens rundll
Link | Reply | Quote
 iMaC

Posted 5 July 2019 - 2:47 am
Hi,

This worked for me:

If you don't trust running this bat, what you need to do is to rename the file "gameux.dll" in "windows\syswow64\" or "windows\system32\". In order to do so, you need to:

1) Start a cmd shell as administrator
2) cd to the corresponding folder (syswow64 or system32)
3) Get ownership of this file by typing "takeown /f gameux.dll"
4) Get permissions to change the file by typing "cacls gameux.dll /E /P %username%:F"
5) Rename the file by typing "ren gameux.dll gameux_dll_bak"
6) Close the shell by typing "exit"

Remark: All commands have to be typed in of course without apostrophes "".

Hope this helps

rundll.exe was taking over age2_x1.exe everytime I launched, this solution fixes this too, I did system32 only and didn't work, then I did it for syswow64 too and it worked.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PrcVE]empiref1

Posted 5 July 2019 - 4:31 am
hello guys the rundll32 solution is simple, open the task manager, then look for the resources monitor tab there will be the active rundll32, what they are going to do is right click and SUSPEND the process like this in the photo and you are not ready to mold them more, that if they should leave the window minimized the monitor of recurses and they will not happen more the problem

Link | Reply | Quote
 nicetobeatyou

Posted 5 July 2019 - 6:48 pm
Script- bat made the work ! thanks

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 51 posts