Rundll32.exe issue

RigilKentaurus

Posted 23 June 2019 - 7:32 pm
Hi,

This worked for me:
[You must login to view link]

If you don't trust running this bat, what you need to do is to rename the file "gameux.dll" in "windows\syswow64\" or "windows\system32\". In order to do so, you need to:

1) Start a cmd shell as administrator
2) cd to the corresponding folder (syswow64 or system32)
3) Get ownership of this file by typing "takeown /f gameux.dll"
4) Get permissions to change the file by typing "cacls gameux.dll /E /P %username%:F"
5) Rename the file by typing "ren gameux.dll gameux_dll_bak"
6) Close the shell by typing "exit"

Remark: All commands have to be typed in of course without apostrophes "".

Hope this helps
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kung_Lao

Posted 23 June 2019 - 8:34 pm
solved for me, ty
Link | Reply | Quote
 UltraKhan

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:27 am
@RigilKentaurus Yeah that was the issue for me and exactly that same .bat file used yesterday lol(had googled...alot) Was gonna post here but you did it first. It seems is issue with that "game explorer" thing...

Guys use that fix or the instructions he posted it worked for me!!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_iZ]Kirbypls

Posted 24 June 2019 - 1:28 am
it's works for me
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JesuS]Forloveofgod

Edited 24 June 2019 - 8:48 pm by [JesuS]Forloveofgod
Not working for me. ;?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [IS]_MidGard_

Edited 24 June 2019 - 8:38 pm by [IS]_MidGard_
it works for me ty RigilKentaurus
Link | Reply | Quote
 RigilKentaurus

Posted 25 June 2019 - 5:10 am
You are welcome! Are you sure you renamed the file, EmpiresLegacy? If in doubt, rename the files in both folders, syswow64 and system32.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kataklysm____

Posted 25 June 2019 - 8:16 am
ty, worked for me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LETSBEGIANNIS

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:56 am
same thing as other people here happened to me using a new computer now so far it works
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 25 June 2019 - 1:33 pm
Please follow the solution provided by RigilKentaurus (Thanks and good job by the way) . It should solve the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Chat_Noir

Posted 25 June 2019 - 8:50 pm
i'm not going to mess with system files... i doubt we all have same operating systems and game versions (i have original aoc disc install, others might have steam version) so i guess its voobly issue. fix it!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:41 pm
Chat_Noir wrote:
i'm not going to mess with system files... i doubt we all have same operating systems and game versions (i have original aoc disc install, others might have steam version) so i guess its voobly issue. fix it!
Or perhaps, what is more likely, that this is caused by a faulty windows update, given the fact, that Voobly has not changed its code for almost 8 weeks, while the last patch day for MS operating systems was less than two weeks ago.

Please allow us more time to troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution. You are absolutely right if you say, that you we certainly won't mess with system files.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 25 June 2019 - 11:52 pm by [MM]Gallas
I had similar issue years ago on my laptop, but since I use the following settings, all fine (picture bellow).
Important part is: I run the game in 98/ME compatible mode and not in XP SP2.

Ofc everything for own risk! We are not responsible if you mess with your system files, or use non-suggested options (looking at Hassan).

Also focus on what Chris said. Windows update not first time might caused weird problems for Voobly.
Attachments:
aoe2settings.png (file size: 204.06 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Chat_Noir

Posted 26 June 2019 - 1:27 am
the thing is i haven't even installed any windows updates for weeks prior to this issue starting lol. it just came out of nowhere
Link | Reply | Quote
 Seldom_Pooper

Edited 26 June 2019 - 1:11 pm by Seldom_Pooper
Yeah some windows update is the culprit. It tries to look for update for old games. In my case i was having this issue with ut2004 and aoc. I just searched 'gameux' in system32 and syswow64, and deleted all the resultant .dll files. Problem solved ! I have this small 'unlocker' software which i use sometimes to kill processes to stop the files to be in use by windows processes. I used the same software to delete those dll files cause. It deletes them on next reboot.
I have windows 7 64bit. People with 32bit won't have syswow64 folder.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]34
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 51 posts