Problems reinstalling voobly on different drive

CastleGoat

Posted 23 March 2019 - 1:03 pm
Hello,

I had voobly installed with the original cd game on drive f:
Now I wanted to install voobly again on drive I:

And instead of having twice the game use the HD version instead.
Obviously the deinstaller of voobly has not left a cleaned up system but a lot of outdated stuff.

I installed voobly on I:
When I enter a game room in the game browser, I get a box where voobly offers to fix some problems.
"A game installation problem has been detected..."
I click yes to fix the problem. It sais in a new window success.
I click yes...

The first window appears.
I repeat the procedure for a 100 time and it still does not end.

I tried to install the compatability patch. It does not find the file location. I give them manually.
When I try to enter a game I get an error message. Network connection error.

I configure the windows firewall. But it still happens as before.
I tried to manually remove old voobly keys from the registry. But this does not help either.

The reason I left voobly in the first place was, that it reads the keys low level from the buffer not high level from the OS mapping. That really hurts if you use a mapped key layout and makes playing a lot of unnessary hassle and of course is bad programming practice. Because you want to have your OS manage your keys high level for all programs not for all but voobly and some very old C and C++ programms.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:26 pm
hi
is the game still installed on F drive? this is a good uninstaller: [You must login to view link]
if you have the steam version follow this tutorial for a good install: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
you need to make sure your pc firewall allows voobly and the game through.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts