Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Problem now that I'm no longer able to play in New Player Lobby

Problem now that I'm no longer able to play in New Player Lobby

KTTRS

Edited 22 March 2019 - 2:45 pm by KTTRS
There has been a discussion thread about NPL some weeks ago but I think nothing to change the problem happened in the meantime. (Also I can't check the answers in the old thread cause it got moved somewhere).

My Problem is that there is no way to play my usual maps anymore, now that I've played some games in Medieval Siege and that I'm out of NPL.
I usually play a lot of CBA Hero TTM, if you are in NPL you know that it is one of the more popular maps/modes there, however as far as I can see it is not played anywhere else.

I tried hosting a room with CBA TTM in the CS Lobby and in the MS Lobby, but there are virtually no people joining, it's impossible to get a 4v4 going in the other lobbies....in NPL that was no problem at all, no matter what time of the day, 5 minutes and you could play.

So the only way for me to ever play a 4v4 CBA Hero TTM game is to make a new account and smurf in NPL (something that probably isn't allowed). I almost exclusively play Black Forest and CBA Hero TTM (no comments pls :D), so half of my usual games are just gone now.

Link | Reply | Quote
 KTTRS

Posted 22 March 2019 - 6:43 pm
Also a follow up question: I think it was mentioned in the last thread that there are plans to stop rated games in NPL (which honestly might just be the solution to my problem). Is there any idea when this will happen? :)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Blood_Drainer

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:30 am
dude, these people are just all talk and no work, i understand you
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LiT]_hugo

Edited 6 April 2019 - 5:02 am by [LiT]_hugo
the whole system they have here on voobly for new players is very confusing and frustrating.
I don't understand how players are supposed to progress when the jump in skill to ms is so high, especially when so few players under 1400 bother to even play in ms. i have rating of 1350 on the npl, which is pretty much as high as you take it before people start kicking you from games. when i try to play in RM 1v1 in the ms lobby i always lose. in rm 1v1 i currently have 15 losses to 3 wins and a rating of 1400 (down from 1600 entry point), and in npl i have rating of 1350 with 23 wins to 13 losses.
so now what do i do? if i play much longer in npl my ranking will be too high, while playing in ms there are no games and even then a 1350+ in npl isnt as good as a 1350+ in ms so i'll still keep losing until my rating is ****. oh and also i havent even been able to get a single team game in ms yet because i keep getting kicked for having 0 games :(
and then like you said, there is the problem for cba and custom games
(im not sure what the solution to my own problem, or the issues with the npl at large are, but any further suggestions would be appreciated :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [EZ ]Max_C137

Posted 7 April 2019 - 7:29 pm
CBA is more for nps thats why. I hate to say this but its nto a serious game mode thts why other modes are taken way more serious
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 8 April 2019 - 6:27 am
KTTRS wrote:
Also a follow up question: I think it was mentioned in the last thread that there are plans to stop rated games in NPL (which honestly might just be the solution to my problem). Is there any idea when this will happen? :)

If I remember right... There are plans to stop non-rated games in NPL, not the rated games...
Link | Reply | Quote
 KTTRS

Edited 8 April 2019 - 10:19 pm by KTTRS
+kwin wrote:
If I remember right... There are plans to stop non-rated games in NPL, not the rated games...

Ah sorry, yes...that's what I wanted to say lol. Thanks for the correction.
[LiT]_hugo wrote:
the whole system they have here on voobly for new players is very confusing and frustrating.
I don't understand how players are supposed to progress when the jump in skill to ms is so.......

I fully agree. I think you should start hosting your own games or mention that you played a lot of teamgames in NPL already...still it's annoying that you start with 1600 rating. I was close to 1400 in NPL and had an easy time to find teamgames on my level in NPL...in MS not so much, kinda frustrating tbh.

I think because of these reasons many people try to keep their rating in NPL artifically low...

I don't know if it's technically possible, but it would be cool if somehow the NPL rating would just carry over to MS once you can't play any more. Or just start at 1400.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Use_The_Lake

Posted 9 April 2019 - 11:38 am
Cry all you like, the powers that be on Voobly just don't care anymore. All sensible suggestions get shut down.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 9 April 2019 - 11:47 am
Its interesting how they took the effort of manual banning me over those with 1000s of games in npl
Link | Reply | Quote
 zahin

Posted 9 April 2019 - 1:07 pm
If i wont ban from npl then i will stop playing AOC XD
Link | Reply | Quote
 D1ng31

Posted 14 April 2019 - 9:05 am
I feel you guys pain but I don't think anyone from Voobly is listening.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts