Issue with port forwarding

EphemeralOcelot

Posted 11 February 2019 - 8:14 pm
I have issues connecting with certain players in game.
It recommends port forwarding to 16000 which i believe i have
done however this makes no difference

The error messages and scan dont shed any light on the issue.

<Trouble connecting to ??? -- increasing scan range>
<Lag Warning: Failed to establish a direct connection with ???. Traffic to this user will go through the fast proxy server. If you have trouble connecting with many different users you have a problem! To resolve this, it is recommended that you forward a port in your router for UDP port 16000. You are also advised to run the Network Diagnostic Tool>

Following are the results of network diagnostics scan

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.
Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 13 February 2019 - 12:06 am by kitt
hi
whats the modem/router make/model number? [no need to hide the ip's.] have you checked here for a tutorial on forwarding [see if router there] [You must login to view link]
is the game working ok?
if you have the steam version follow this turorial for a good install: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
you need to make sure your pc firewall allows voobly and the game through.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts