Scrolling Hotkeys

['RB']HorseFace

Edited 19 November 2018 - 8:46 pm by ['RB']HorseFace
Hi I'm wondering if it's possible to bind the scroll up/down/left/right keys to something like shift-e/shift-d/shift-s/shift-f. Currently when I try to set these as the new hotkeys it will scroll even if the modifier key isn't being pressed down (i.e i can just press esdf to scroll). I'm using the modifier key because i already have other hotkeys using those keys.

If it's not possible then is there any software i can use to simulate this (i would keep the hotkeys the way they are, but just map shift-e... etc... to arrow up/down/left/right).
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:22 pm
hi
autohotkeys is banned here so dont use that. im not up on hot keys but there are a couple mods that may/not help: https://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Game-Mods/gamemods/browse2/13/1
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']HorseFace

Edited 19 November 2018 - 8:46 pm by ['RB']HorseFace
Alright I won't use autohotkeys.

I looked at some of the mods, but none of them seem to help. Are many-to-one key remaps considered cheating though in itself? I understand that voobly takes the shotgun approach in banning accounts using x, y, and z software, and that one-to-many key remaps are against the rules, but is software that remaps keys many-to-one legal so long as it isn't currently on Voobly's list?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 November 2018 - 8:03 am
Hi there,

Voobly does not consider keyboard or mouse mapping to hotkeys as a form of cheat. What is considered as cheating though is the unfair use of scripts or in some cases hotkeys triggering such scripts to automate certain sections of game play.

If you are using a gaming mouse/ keyboard, it probably comes with its own software to manage the key binding. If this is not the case, you can use an external macro or scripting app to bind the key combination to your scroll. Alternatively, you could also create a script to scroll map (up, down, left right) as needed and then assign the macro to a keyboard combination of your choice (in this case shift e/s/d/f).
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']HorseFace

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:40 pm
Yeah unfortunately the only scripting software I could find is autohotkeys and it sounds like voobly has an anti-cheat that automatically bans any player running autohotkeys when a game is launched :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 20 November 2018 - 2:47 pm
hi
have a butchers at these:
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/259489 [keys macro's]
[You must login to view link] [hot key editor]
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/293703 hotkey help]
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']HorseFace

Posted 20 November 2018 - 8:39 pm
Nah none of those did any good. I kind of need to know whether it's even possible to do it without macros in the first place or where I can find external macro software that isn't banned by voobly .11
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:18 am
hi
programable mouse is the answer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']HorseFace

Edited 21 November 2018 - 12:45 am by ['RB']HorseFace
A programmable mouse could work, but that means you'd have to scroll around the map using mousebuttons on your mouse which would be awkward because if you wanted to scroll diagonally it means you'd have to press 2 mouse buttons at the same time (which is much more difficult that pressing 2 keyboard buttons). The obvious answer is a programmable keyboard, but I don't have one, and I believe there may be another solution out there, and I'll continue to look for a solution.

I don't know if it's possible, but if you could send me a list of the blacklisted programs on voobly then maybe I could find a macro software similar to autohotkey to do this. Other I can look for ones that do the same thing and verify with you guys whether it's banned/not banned

Here is a page of similar software... if you could let me know which ones wouldn't be banned that would be great.

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 21 November 2018 - 1:31 am
hi
you use two mice.
one is the programable mouse, the other a ps2 or usb. one does the macro's, the other the scrolling or what ever.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']HorseFace

Posted 21 November 2018 - 3:38 am
So with two mice id have to use one for general purpose clicking on stuff, a keyboard for using the standard hotkeys, and another mouse used just to scroll around the map? If I'm understanding this correctly then this would make it extremely difficult to play (but maybe I am missing something).
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 21 November 2018 - 7:29 am
Hi,

Without a programmable keyboard you will most certainly have to rely on an external macro or scripting app. There are dozens available in the market but I will recommend the ones I have personally used.

1. Quickmacros (Very powerful but slightly complicated, especially if you have zero knowledge/ experience in scripting)
2. Macro Express Pro (Good for handling medium to complex tasks, not as good as QM but certainly much easier to use. This is the one I am currently using.

Do keep in mind that these are licensed apps that you may need to purchase but they do come with trials should you feel the need to try.

There may be other alternatives but I cannot speak of them since I haven't tried them.

P.S: I want to be very clear once again that we do not encourage the use of macros for any form of automation in game. If you are unsure whether the macro you working on is considered cheating, I would suggest taking a second opinion from a staff member (especially a game mod).

Let us know if you have any further questions or need further assistance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 21 November 2018 - 3:51 pm
hi
Quote:
So with two mice id have to use one for general purpose clicking on stuff, a keyboard for using the standard hotkeys, and another mouse used just to scroll around the map? If I'm understanding this correctly then this would make it extremely difficult to play (but maybe I am missing something).
you do not need to use the keyboard except for simple one key things, the rest is on the programable mouse. a one button touch to do a complex task. some logitech have up to 12 buttons that can be set in to several different modes giving 36 or more task operations at a touch.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts