Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagamedov

Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagamedov

Poll: Winner
Khabib
Conor
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 20 October 2018 - 3:44 am
man u said some good but showed some weak

dont have me to expose please

Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 20 October 2018 - 3:46 am
btw some is of opinion
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 20 October 2018 - 4:58 am by [I3acI]_Army1_
but i do see some weakness and bias
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 20 October 2018 - 3:51 am
btw and just to confirm some of the last few statements `shioukdve been done in one
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 20 October 2018 - 3:53 am
for the real mma guys and i know who im talking too... i fancy conor even stronger in the re
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 20 October 2018 - 4:01 am
you been drinking Frankie? lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 20 October 2018 - 4:45 am
i dont drink ever.. anyway u got the point
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 20 October 2018 - 3:21 pm
No i didn't mate rofl

Maybe when you're sober you can restate your point :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 20 October 2018 - 3:36 pm
You did get the point i was drinking lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 20 October 2018 - 4:22 pm
Oh yeah, i got that hahaha
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Edited 21 October 2018 - 12:35 pm by calexus5678
Since you're now being civil i'll respond ;)
I sympathise with it but I personally feel it's a cope. Why? Conor knew what was at stake, his coaches claimed his training was as good as it's ever been and he looked 'great', he has all the money and resources to really push it, he looked good in the weigh ins (IMO), and he knew how dangerous khabib is. Does it mean it's a fact he was himself? No. But i personally feel he was, and i kind of had a feeling there would be many excuses made for Conor if khabib won.

Actually Conor was out drinking in the streets of Dublin past midnight (arguing animatedly with random people), only a few weeks before the fight. I remember seeing it and thinking wtf.... this and other incidents. So I disagree with this... .
It doesn't mean i'm against a rematch, although i feel it would largely go the same way, i simply don't think an instant rematch is deserved, as if the tables were turned Khabib certainly wouldn't be granted one. I feel rematches should be for close fights, and all a rematch serves to do is stall the division further, which I feel conor has done enough of already. Tony has been waiting far too long as it is, but i'd be happy to see conor take one fight vs a top 5-6 guy then fight khabib again.

This is all opinion and I tend to agree
Just saw your edit: As for his movement, I honestly thought it looked fine before he got taken down and i've always been a fan of conors movement even if not a fan of conor himself. I think his movement after was impaired because of the psychological damage Khabib did to him in the first round as well as being a little tired, and it's something we've seen with other guys khabib has fought. We've also seen vs Nate diaz that when conor is tired his movement suffers.

I don't think you are a fan of his movement as you claim. I don't think you understand much about his footwork, posture and various other technical aspects. I know you think you 'won' something here, but you just don't have the eye to see the difference between how he fought... but don't come parading around here like your the ****.. because you got the result you desperately wanted...

By the way, seeing as you think you're a super smartass, there was a huge thread on Sherdog after the fight where all the top and highly respected posters agreed with this assessment. You remind me of some random sherdog scrub. Just leave.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 24 October 2018 - 8:24 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
Sigh back to trying to insult me again? If you carry on this way then we're going to resort to petty insults back and forward, you don't want that, do you?

I've watched MMA well over a decade (whether you deny it or not you know this), have a long (19 year) martial arts background and you're still making silly accusations.

Yes, i am a fan of his movement, i was very much a conor fanboy right up until he fought siver, at which point he became a little too much for me; i hoped aldo would beat him, but learned to respect him after that fight even if i didn't like his character; but i am a fan of up and comers, sometimes i don't like how they behave when they make it big, jones is a good example of this. But sure, i don't have an 'eye' for his footwork, in an out movement, accuracy and timing, i'm just making it up. Unfortunately all of this is neutralised by khabib IMO, and it doesn't matter which conor shows up, he wins 1 in 10 fights.

I don't care what the 'top respected' experts say, and you're now committing logical fallacies yourself. When most fights happen, you can usually find so-called 'experts' with views from both sides. All you're attempting to do is attack my credentials (with 0 evidence), which yet again is another logical fallacy... and you accuse me of a strawman argument LOL.

The irony of you crying about me not taking peoples opinions, then behaving the way you are honestly is making me smile. The only one getting offended is you, not me as you claimed.

'parading around' lol, no i gloated a little when Khabib won (although if you read the thread.. really not that much), because that's exactly what conors army of nuthuggers would've done if conor won, only 10x worse. (I don't consider you a conor **** rider, despite all your pathetic attempts to insult me though, i know your MMA fandom predates conor).

If you're gonna keep making accusations/throw around insults i won't bother with this back and forth with you further. Grow up kid
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]BEKSniper_

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:37 pm
Shut up pickle.

I only take Ws ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]_Roxor_

Edited 27 October 2018 - 6:03 am by [ A ]_Roxor_
yo marvel, give us ur take on the khabib vs ben askren matchup
both unbeatable, world class grapplers and both have baby faces
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_