Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta on Voobly

UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta on Voobly

[MM]Zix

Posted 25 September 2017 - 9:50 pm
Voobly crashed while playing with 1.5, please fix this. I've attached the txt and dump files.
Attachments:
crash.zip (file size: 255.7 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_L_Armistead

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:00 pm
I exit my games by clicking F10+enter+enter (F10 to bring up the menu, ENTER to "Quit Game", ENTER again to confirm my exit). For 18 years, doing this has brought me to the Achievements screen, but with 1.5 there is a bug that registers that final ENTER twice, so the Achievements screen displays for a fraction of a second before exiting.

18 years of clicking F10+enter+enter in rapid succession at the end of a game is a hard habit to break, and it's also the fastest way to exit the game and view achievements. I know it's not a major bug, I would very much welcome a fix.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SomniumM

Posted 4 October 2017 - 1:45 am
I have the same error when I try to watch recorded games. The games play for about a minute and then suddenly stop working. Would definitely appreciate a fix to this :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 4 October 2017 - 12:11 pm
SomniumM wrote:
I have the same error when I try to watch recorded games. The games play for about a minute and then suddenly stop working. Would definitely appreciate a fix to this :)

Are you sure the recorded games were played back on the identical patch+data mod they were originally played on?
Link | Reply | Quote
 SomniumM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:06 am
Yeah, Im positive. When I watch them the games start for about 30 seconds - 1 minute, then they stop working. When using the wrong patch they don't load at all in the first place.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lazylaanzy

Edited 13 October 2017 - 11:54 am by lazylaanzy
Yesterday I found a problem of 1.5 beta R5 recordings. I further test about it by comparing with some Nomad/Black Forest TG or 1v1 Arabia games and some recordings of beta R4 today.

- only the BF recordings end at the time before the actual game ended (e.g. 28mins instead of 55mins)
- all the BF recordings watched with 1.5 beta R5 end at between 20~30 mins

I also found a BF recording with 1.5 beta R4 from other people, which end at 44 secs.
Would the early end be at same time a pause of the actual game? But all of many R5 BF recordings I compared ends at between 20~30 mins.

I didn't further test to compared with recordings of more different maps or more previous beta version of the patch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 13 October 2017 - 5:06 pm
You have to use the same patch and/or mod to watch the recorded games. Most 1.5 patches were backwards compatible, but the new R5 is not.

http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/631/v15-Beta-R5
Quote:
Full rec compatibility break, due to the critical bug fixes above.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ VGT ]TikitakaAttacka

Posted 30 October 2017 - 3:28 pm
thanks everybody for the good work! ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 lazylaanzy

Posted 9 December 2017 - 9:19 am
I don't know the problem below is related to Userpatch 1.5 or WololoKingdoms

When I'm using WololoKingdoms mod, I can't actually change the hotkey of the new things added after the Forgotten Empires. I see the change in hotkey setting, but I can still only use the "O" to build the Palisade Gate, only "C" to make the Battle Elephant in Stable, only "S" to make the Genitour in Archery Range.

hotkey of Condottiero (in Forgotten) can be changed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 16 December 2017 - 4:30 pm
Palisade Gates use the Wonder Hotkey, Battle Elephants the Camel Hotkey and Genitours/Siege Towers use the hotkey that was previously for turtle ships (The only hotkey that could be freed by moving turtle ship to the caravel/longboat hotkey instead).

The next WK update re-enables changed language descriptions for these hotkeys in the menu, unfortunately a small bug resulted in the descriptions not being changed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bonakatato2

Posted 19 March 2018 - 9:29 pm
Hello

I really often watch recorded games played in MS and I recently noticed that with the new Version of Patch v1.5 Beta R6 (come out just recently) it is not possible to save chapter in game anymore.

As this game has often bugs playing recorded game, and often they just break up around the first 30 game minutes, it is really helpfull to save chapters in game to simply jump forward, also its much more convienent to watch a game and u dont need to let run the game until the end to find out how many ressources your enemy had end. at the

I really hope someone can give that forward to the developpers or tell me anything/any information more about this and waht scoming next.

I really hope it will not be in the final version, as it has been noticed by many players, as saving chapters and watching rec game is a fanstastic way to learn and improve your game.

Thank you.

Chris
Link | Reply | Quote
 scripter16

Edited 24 March 2018 - 4:46 pm by scripter16
TheGoldenHorde, saving chapters has been disabled for multiplayer games, as chapter saves can be used to lag the game for all players and even spectators. For example, if a player is readying an onager shot, they could save chapter to lag the game and prevent the enemy player from being able to respond effectively. In this case, gameplay integrity was prioritized over convenience. You can still save chapters in single player mode, if you'd like to practice. If a rec stops playing mid-game, it's more likely to be a mod mismatch like not using Allied Vision, etc. Please see the game match page to find out which mods were active for a rec. Sorry for the trouble!
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 24 March 2018 - 8:37 pm
scripter16 wrote:
TheGoldenHorde, saving chapters has been disabled for multiplayer games, as chapter saves can be used to lag the game for all players and even spectators. For example, if a player is readying an onager shot, they could save chapter to lag the game and prevent the enemy player from being able to respond effectively. In this case, gameplay integrity was prioritized over convenience. You can still save chapters in single player mode, if you'd like to practice. If a rec stops playing mid-game, it's more likely to be a mod mismatch like not using Allied Vision, etc. Please see the game match page to find out which mods were active for a rec. Sorry for the trouble!

But what about Custom Scenario RPG MP games?
Link | Reply | Quote
 scripter16

Posted 25 March 2018 - 6:45 pm
It would probably be best if Voobly could add an option to the game room settings window like the Hidden Civs option, so people can enable the save chapter system only when truly necessary.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 44 out of 44 posts