Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:43 pm
Teasers wrote:
CS *community* dead anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 13 May 2017 - 4:07 pm
Did you get ANY feedback from the community before making such fundamental changes?

This is the reason for this post. To get players opinions before it gets rated. If the majority of the players do not like these changes, they will be amended.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]PlayMoB1L

Edited 13 May 2017 - 8:38 pm by [Eot_]PlayMoB1L
I did not like it, I think it should continue as it is. Or at least we must have the two options, the new and the old. Players choose which they want to play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 13 May 2017 - 9:11 pm
Also add hallebard to Aztec and Viking in imperial age would be nice since they are quite useless civ in vil war

This is actually a good idea in my opinion but require a mod.

Most people seem to be against the removing walling enemies, and whilst it is not pretty gameplay I'd agree, this thread has enlightened me that we should keep it, if only for being a potential anti-persia strategy..
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 13 May 2017 - 9:16 pm
Teasers wrote:
CS dead anyway.

This is also true. Some people really messed up very bad, that is a tangible fact, and probably with the best of intentions but the utmost incompetency..

This is also why we should get behind this change, what do we have to lose at this point, with CBA hero completely dominating what is left of CS...
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:33 pm
This is also true. Some people really messed up very bad, that is a tangible fact, and probably with the best of intentions but the utmost incompetency..

This is also why we should get behind this change, what do we have to lose at this point, with CBA hero completely dominating what is left of CS...

And one day, a new scenario comes forth and dethrones CBA Hero. The cycle of CS lobby, no middle ground, just one scenario dominating everything.
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:23 pm
And one day, a new scenario comes forth and dethrones CBA Hero. The cycle of CS lobby, no middle ground, just one scenario dominating everything.

I really think your off with that mate. This cycle has generally only included CBA and CBA Hero. No other maps have had such one map dominance like them. And there is no reason to beleive CBA Hero isn't the end of the line. I mean really where is this new magical scenario going to come from... lol

CBA is awesome and simple and expansive. CBA Hero is more complex and also a more singular much lower variance map. Basically it was fun for its novelty and it's 'CBA on steroids' feel. The noob horde took to it on gameranger, that's where it came from, it never exploded in popularity on voobly until later.

The truth about CBA is it is actually the most team oriented map in all of AoC. That's not to bash teamwork in other game modes.. it's that each player is more integrally connected as a whole. You can be the most skilled and great CBA player there is, if your allies aren't cooperating or wavelengthing with you, there is literally nothing you can do. Typically you'll see much precise levels of coordinated maneuveruing with players, whether it be to fight, to rush, to take care of various important things at once. The more the players operate as a single entity, the much greater their power projection.

Viper hates playing CBA and it's for the exact reason I described.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 14 May 2017 - 2:23 am
No matter what you do cs players will cry.
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 14 May 2017 - 4:09 am
+[MM]jason wrote:
No matter what you do cs players will cry.

Not really... CS has been handled badly that is a fact

Also sorry to burst you bubble but you 16+ CBA so check yourself before you talk crap on cs players
Link | Reply | Quote
 bukayosaka

Posted 14 May 2017 - 4:33 am
What bull**** have I just read.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 14 May 2017 - 5:12 am
How typical of you to bring ratings into it.
The real reason for cs's demise is the players attitude.
Clearly its not about to change any time soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bukayosaka

Posted 14 May 2017 - 6:27 am
+[MM]jason wrote:
How typical of you to bring ratings into it.
The real reason for cs's demise is the players attitude.
Clearly its not about to change any time soon.

1. Ratings needed to be reset.
2. Ratings should guide people towards playing with similar level players.
3. The reason CS fell is lack of variety.
4. This was a problem with management.
5. This was my fault for being an asshole.
6. All is not lost.
7-8. Lay them straight
9-10. A big fat hen
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 14 May 2017 - 7:03 am
1. Yes
2. People wear their ratings like a badge of honour or something.
3. Host/play other maps if your not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
4. Its easy to blame managment.
5-10. Ok

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]345678910
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 145 posts