CS Ladders/Leagues List (Updated July 14, 2020)

mich

Edited 10 January 2018 - 9:08 pm by mich
I'm considering an alternate, more spread out, schedule. Only a small percentage voted who actually play the ladders that were polled.

Since the last reset we have lost more than 100 players. It could be coincidental, but I'm going with not. We've lost even more than that in that past 5 years with Overall ratings being removed. The lobby use to have around 600 players on average daily. Now we are lucky to hit 300-350.

Threads pending:
  • The return of Overall Ladder?
  • Clan Ladder Discussion; If it were to return, how should it be set up? What bugs did you notice before?

Edit:
Link | Reply | Quote
 SupremeZippo

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:23 pm
Nobody likes to see their hard end pts reset even if its to level the playing field. Furthermore, for the higher rated players its impossible to get back to their highest and even less beat it since there are a lot less points going around. Instead of resets I propose frequent balance changes and updates to the popular maps like CBA/HERO. They dont need to be big just need to be frequent (every few months). The idea is to keep the map fresh and make players constantly adapt to small changes without changing the fundamental strategies. To give idea of which kind of changes it could be, here are some suggestions:

Chinese cage at 250
Saracens 3 razes
Franks cage at 250
New heroes (infantry CBA hero would be nice)

There will always be people that will complain and cry other changes but no one will quit over reasonable adjustments. This might also intrigue the older players and bring them back and create some buzz for the cs lobby. The idea of dont fix what isnt broken isnt working right proven by the diminishing number of players. Maps are a video game inside a video game that needs constant updates and refinement. If you look at the biggest commercially successful games right now they all have frequent balance changes and updates to grow its community and keep its preexisting fan base interested. Also the map makers can take suggestions from the community but should keep the specific contents of a map update under wraps so people dont form an opinion before trying it and bring back some hype. There should also special tournaments to launch the maps (for example a CBA HERO v14 tournament a week after the map is made available) and make ppl play them and create anticipation.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Aiverson_

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:20 pm
have a promotional advertisement...for first 50 new players to sign up, will get (whatever premium membership) free for first 30 days...... 2) For existing players, if you can bring in 2 additional players ( you will get 50% discount on your preferred premium membership)....3) Create a tournament for noobs every 2/3 months with special badges) 4) Sign up couple of sweet lady mods to lighten up this room .....5) be creative and try to get surveys before changing anything major like "reset overall ladders'...surely a lot more ideas can be generated...but thought this will be a good start
Link | Reply | Quote
 dreamergirl_

Edited 29 January 2018 - 4:39 am by dreamergirl_
1) Tried something like that in the past and it failed miserably.
2) Tried this too, didn't work.
3) Something for VCOM CS.
4) lol?
5) Check the forums again please. There are several polls that have been done for every ladder that has been placed or reset.

Please don't turn this into a revival thread. That's not what it's for lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 3 February 2018 - 1:58 am
UPDATES

Other than the Madness Ladder, the reset schedule will be voided and removed. Madness will be reset every 2 months as previously scheduled. The rest of the Ladders will remain as-is. Activity has decreased significantly over the past 5 years. It has been proven that each reset has done more harm to this lounge than good. Who knows when the next reset will take place. Maybe in 5-10 years? The polls that have been done just don't work. I noticed only a small percentage of the CS lounge actually voted which doesn't express clearly what the lobby as a whole wants.

Current CS Ladders
CS - Overall
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Started - January 25, 2018
  • Ends/Ended -
Alternative (3rd)
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Started - October 8, 2017
  • Ends/Ended - April 19, 2018
Bloods (6th)
  • Top Player - TBD
CBA (2nd)
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Started - April 19, 2017
CBA Hero (2nd)
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Started - April 19, 2017
CBA/Hero 1v1 (3rd)
  • Top Player - TBD
LoTr (1st)
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Started - December 9, 2017
  • Ends/Ended - Depends on activity.
Madness (8th)
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Started - December 9, 2017
  • Ends/Ended - February 9, 2018
RCB (3rd)
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Ends/Ended - October 8, 2018
Roll the Dice (4th)
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Started - May 31, 2017
Tower Defense (1st)
  • Top Player - TBD
  • Started - July 17, 2017

Reset Schedule - VOIDED. TO BE REMOVED (excludes Madness).
  • Alternative = 6 months
  • Bloods = 6 months
  • CBA & CBA Hero = 1 year
  • CBA/CBA Hero 1v1 = 6 months - Tournament towards the end of every Season
  • Leagues = 4-6 weeks (depending on coinciding tournaments)
  • Madness = 2 months
  • RCB = 1 year

Link | Reply | Quote
 SupremeZippo

Posted 3 February 2018 - 2:45 am
I dont know if this is doable or not but i think reseting games and not rating would be a good idea so the ratio reflects the present skill of a player better. This could be every 6 month or a year. Also I think it would be a good idea to reward the top 3 rated players memberships so claiming points have a deeper meaning. I know this will encourage camping and bashing but it also brings out ppl s competitive spirit and thats what the lobby desperately needs right now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 3 February 2018 - 3:19 am
#UnrateCS
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 3 February 2018 - 7:39 am
****ing TyRamT... cringe-worthy indeed
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 3 February 2018 - 5:00 pm
I havent noticed any decrease in activity since the reset. Its pretty much the same it was the past 2-3 years.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 3 February 2018 - 6:04 pm
I havent noticed any decrease in activity since the reset. Its pretty much the same it was the past 2-3 years.

+1

not resetting ladders every 1-2 years is just garbage

also adding some tournament where top 20-40 in ladder (depending on size of ladder obviously) are exclusively invited would be nice (this would work well with more frequent resets)
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 3 February 2018 - 6:23 pm
mich wrote:
Since the last reset we have lost more than 100 players. It could be coincidental, but I'm going with not. We've lost even more than that in that past 5 years with Overall ratings being removed. The lobby use to have around 600 players on average daily. Now we are lucky to hit 300-350.

I do monitor the lounges' activity. Wishing I had done a graph now lol
also adding some tournament where top 20-40 in ladder (depending on size of ladder obviously) are exclusively invited would be nice (this would work well with more frequent resets)

Sure, we can probably do something like this. Just because there won't be frequent resets, it doesn't mean the lounge will become stagnant. It frees up more time to do more events and be involved with other things.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Edited 3 February 2018 - 7:00 pm by [dv8]OrangWuTang
Do you expect that the player numbers in a 20 year old game are staying constant or even increase? Old games lose player numbers, thats natural. The loss of player numbers has literally nothing to do with what ladders you rate or reset. There was an increase in 2012 but only because AoFE came out.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 3 February 2018 - 7:20 pm
By that statement, MS would be declining as well, not just CS.

As far as the Ladders rating or being reset, I'm going to leave it alone and see how things go.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ Wf ]sJesse_OwenSs

Posted 3 February 2018 - 7:28 pm
tower defense play all days xbox ;lock ;book
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 3 February 2018 - 8:01 pm
mich wrote:
By that statement, MS would be declining as well, not just CS.

Not really. It seems most of Voobly's resources go to MS, which is fine and also the natural thing to do since MS is the main game which holds the most competitive value and CS is like a mini-game or extension of the main game (or the ****ed little brother of the main game).

Anyway, you management are the ones with access to all that juicy admin info, so if numbers are dwindling in CS lobby and you have evidence that it is caused mostly by the resets, then by all means show us. For all we know, the resets may have actually reduced the inevitable decrease in CS player activity. Or you can continue to manage the lobby without listening to what your users want.

Also, if you don't think polls work, then you should find another way to communicate with your player base. The CS community isn't huge so communicating with us shouldn't be very difficult.

Link | Reply | Quote
123456[7]891011121314
Displaying 91 - 105 out of 198 posts