"Banned from Website?"

[FCPH]King

Posted 28 March 2017 - 8:33 am
Good day!

Hello Voobly Tech Staff. I tried accessing Voobly Website at home but I got an error saying I am banned from entering the website.

I am accessing from a different area. My sincere apologies if this is not allowed, but I would like to know the reason why do I get the error? There is no definite reason for being banned, unless my IP/subnet got caught as spam, hence my desire to raise my question, especially when I just got back from at least half a year of inactivity if I remember correctly.

When I tried to enter the Voobly website, it said something like this:

Error 1005 (???)

The owner of this website (www.voobly.com) has banned your IP from accessing the server.

Apparently, the ban was handed thru CloudFlare Security. I'll take a screenshot of the error when I get home for the exact detail. It did not even tell me the reason for being banned. I'll probably see the reply to this thread tomorrow.

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 28 March 2017 - 1:51 pm
hi
Quote:
unless my IP/subnet got caught as spam,
is there more to that than your saying?
send a screenshot please.

site was down earlier, so may be related to that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FCPH]King

Edited 31 March 2017 - 2:46 am by [FCPH]King
Hello. Kindly lock this thread now. I can now access Voobly from my home. I don't think it's because of the site being down because I experienced the error/ban for 2 days, which did not allow me to even play on Voobly as well. Regarding sir kitt's question, it's because I have been banned for some reason on another aoe forum, saying that I have been permanently banned, but then I contacted the administrator and the guy said that my subnet was caught and listed my IP as spam. It was dealt with so I can freely access that forum as well.

Thank you!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 29 March 2017 - 3:26 pm
hi
ok
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FCPH]King

Edited 11 April 2017 - 3:59 am by [FCPH]King
Hello. Sorry to bump this, but it happened again.

Here's the screenshot of what it says when I try to enter the website:
Attachments:
ban.jpg (file size: 118.33 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 11 April 2017 - 4:24 pm by kitt
hi
one way round that would be to disconnect the router/modem, from the internet. that way the isp would allocate a new ip to your connection after a time has elapsed.
or for some models it can be done from the router/modem settings as here: [You must login to view link]
you need to stay away from 49.144.91.%
Link | Reply | Quote
 JosephKarl

Edited 12 April 2017 - 12:38 am by JosephKarl
Hello.

Same problem here.

I had got situations like this in a couple of websites for 2-3 days max (i assume the time it takes for a new IP to come out) but in this instance it has been a few weeks (like one and a half) and it doesn't fix.

EDIT: I can't change IP by router config or restarting it, it's set by ISP as far as i now (i've tried it before). Also it only affects the website, i can still play normally, but is very annoying not having access to the site.
Thanks for any help provided.
Attachments:
Capture - Copy.PNG (file size: 141.34 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 12 April 2017 - 1:08 am
hi
dont think the ip is banned.
unless the isp gave you a static ip, it can be changed. are you using two isp's?
Link | Reply | Quote
 JosephKarl

Edited 12 April 2017 - 2:36 am by JosephKarl
Hello. I'm actually writing this from a different location. The IP that appears banned is 181.115.10.203 which is my IP at home, and is a dynamic one (i expected this to fix it self days ago, but since that hasn't happened i'm asking here).

The question is, can you "un-ban" that IP or is this a ISP related problem?

I would love to have a static IP tho :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FCPH]King

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:57 am
Hello. I can now access the forum here at my home. My IP is still the same though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 12 April 2017 - 3:43 pm
hi
im told the cloudfare ban will expire after a period.
Link | Reply | Quote
 JosephKarl

Posted 15 April 2017 - 5:45 am
kitt wrote:
hi
im told the cloudfare ban will expire after a period.

Hi. My replay is late. It fixed two days ago. Many Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 15 April 2017 - 2:41 pm
hi
ok
Link | Reply | Quote
 CanadianBacons

Posted 8 February 2018 - 7:05 pm
This has happened to me as well. I am running Linux, with wine. I see no reason to ban Linux users trying to access and play the game.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts