Changes to CS Discussion

[dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 2 March 2017 - 2:01 am
It makes no difference whether you use the average or the total. The average is just the total divided by the number of ladders. A player like Estigma who has 2600 in 2/8 ladders and 1600 in the remaining 6/8 (3600 total) has the same average rating of someone who has 1850 in all 8 ladders (also 3600 total). If I misunderstood you, go ahead and explain what you ment.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bukayosaka

Posted 2 March 2017 - 8:14 am
Yea overall will only cause problems. What killed the last working bloods ladder was people using one map and 1v1 whoring the ladder causing regulars to just stop using it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 2 March 2017 - 9:49 am
CS - Madness is the legacy of Taff, it would be unwise to remove it, as it does no harm to the community and provides limitless options.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Posted 2 March 2017 - 10:20 am
+1 reset CBA\HERO ladders.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PradeeP

Posted 2 March 2017 - 1:16 pm
before reset give premium/badge to the winner ( top spot)
da hell you people gave for some **** random leagues? or somewhat i dont remember
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 2 March 2017 - 1:35 pm
Burn this mother down!

That's the only solution.

;ala
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 2 March 2017 - 2:27 pm
Burn this mother down!

That's the only solution.

;ala

I knew someone would agree with me sooner or later
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 2 March 2017 - 3:27 pm
[LyF]JimmY wrote:
I knew someone would agree with me sooner or later

Not a surprise that it was him
Link | Reply | Quote
 bukayosaka

Posted 2 March 2017 - 3:36 pm
CS - Madness is the legacy of Taff, it would be unwise to remove it, as it does no harm to the community and provides limitless options.

+1

The only reason to keep it would have been if casual was actively updated with maps like I originally was doing (lotr was on the to do list for some reason)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 2 March 2017 - 5:53 pm
Just put the maps that are played and rated in Madness into Bloods/Alternative and then remove it. If people still want to play some uncommon stuff and still have a match link they can use Match Stats. I dont see a reason for having both of these ladders at the same time as Madness was originally designed for people to play without worrying about their rating as it was supposed to be reset frequently. But its not a carefree ladder anymore and its not reset frequently anymore, so why keep it? Just another point whoring ladder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 2 March 2017 - 6:08 pm
The idea of Madness is to be not be monitored or lead to anything. The players design it, not the staff, the only restriction is your imagination what you can think of hosting. Until there is no Overall, the ladder affects noone, everyone know anyway that the points won there are "empty", atleast most of the time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Slash

Posted 2 March 2017 - 6:18 pm
I remember playing the first game on the madness ladder. We got it there so players can have some fun with it. For an example people used to troll in this ladder with maps like muslim blood and baka blood. It was added to put some fun into CS community. So much of hatred and a casual baka blood game will add nothing but fun.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 2 March 2017 - 6:28 pm
We're keeping the madness ladder, but imo it should be reset at least once a month. Not sure when it was reset last. No way for me to tell either as the matches drop off after a certain time frame.

I'm very reluctant bringing back the Overall Ladder. Personally, I just don't see the value in it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Teasers

Posted 2 March 2017 - 6:30 pm
CS - Overall removal was the biggest mistake ever. It actually killed CS. Half of my friend list left after it was removed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bukayosaka

Posted 2 March 2017 - 7:38 pm
One guy left? Shocking!

Link | Reply | Quote
123456[7]8
Displaying 91 - 105 out of 117 posts