Unusual Lag

__trilla

Edited 24 July 2016 - 2:45 am by __trilla
Hi. I've been having this weird lag issue whenever I play both on singleplayer (host room:start at single player menu) and multiplayer for the past 5 days. I know there's a few seconds of lag whenever you launch a game, but the lag for me persists way into the game, and in some instances slows up to the point of the game almost freezing. Like moving the mouse around in-game becomes practically impossible and units are moving in slow motion. I asked Cavin, Dedpool, and Gregstein about the issue and I did everything they recommended, but nothing works. I even did a complete system reboot, reinstalled voobly and the game and still nothing has changed. I think that it has something to do with my hardware but nonetheless I was wondering if I should switch to a new computer altogether?

Specs:
- CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core T4200 @2.00GHz 2.00GHz
- RAM: 3.00 GB
- Motherboard: Wistron 3612 09.48
- Graphics: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

PS: I did both game and network diagnostics tests and everything is fine.

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 July 2016 - 2:47 am
hi
first thing to check would be any changes to the pc. anything on auto update that may affect things. pc firewall/ anti-virus etc. if you have forwarded 16000udp, make sue its still ok and pointed at the right pc private ip.
if you play completely off voobly are you getting any issues? is vista updated?
Link | Reply | Quote
 __trilla

Edited 24 July 2016 - 3:10 am by __trilla
The only thing that is set for auto update is Windows Update. Everything else is set to manual.

I didn't try it offline but when I tried the Launcher.exe file, [You must login to view link] happens.

Also, the age2_x1 exe file on 1.4 RC offline patch has all of the text elements blocked out on the menu options and game setup.

And yes, Vista is updated.

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 July 2016 - 4:27 am
hi
see if this helps
Quote:
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Link | Reply | Quote
 __trilla

Edited 24 July 2016 - 7:13 am by __trilla
I did the sfc /scannow and sfc /verifynow commands as well as checked the sfcdetails file and "settings.ini" of Windows Sidebar came up about 5 times saying that the member file cannot be repaired. I also tried to upgrade Microsoft .NET Framework from 3.5 to 4.6 and downloaded Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 to try and resolve the missing msvcr120d.dll (which is now fixed) but even with everything there's still a bit of lag (not as bad as before, but there's occasional spikes)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 24 July 2016 - 4:06 pm by kitt
hi
ok
i didnt ask what pc firewall and anti-virus you are using? or whether vista is 32 or 64 bit? as far as the AV is concerned, assuming you have one, see if it has a game mode [its a setting were it will allow all access]
Link | Reply | Quote
 __trilla

Posted 24 July 2016 - 9:45 pm
They both don't really count but I'm using Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials. Vista is 32 bit. MSE only gives the options to exclude files and locations, file types, and processes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:24 pm
hi
ok
try a game after following this article for "clean boot" []scroll down]
Link | Reply | Quote
 __trilla

Edited 25 July 2016 - 4:27 am by __trilla
It still runs slow motion like, even in single player (on voobly).

Nevermind, I think it's definitely a network issue. Just spectated a few games and it runs fairly smoothly with little to no lag spikes. So it's not my computer or the game, but my internet.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:24 pm
hi
you can try talking to the isp. look on theur web site for a forum, see if others are having a problem

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts