age of empires lag plz help

daydara

Edited 9 July 2016 - 2:13 pm by daydara
plz i need help i do all but still lag i have good pc and good conection with 20 ping (20-60in voobly) i open port16000 UDP (tested with port forwarding network) , i disable my firewall, i change my antivirus ,
game and network diagnostic all good .
Whene i play vs cop in ofline all work good but whene i play vs coop in voobly i have 0.5s lag.
plz help me i cant play with this lag my units move after 2s and somtime 3 and 4s.
PS: i never lag in ather game like LOL ,lineage ... and all time i have good ping
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 9 July 2016 - 2:17 pm by +sunny@voobly
Thanks for writing.

Ping is subjective to what you test it against. Since Voobly uses NAT based connection, opening UDP 16000 on your network to your computers IP is the single most important step. Since you did mention that's done, and I am assuming it was done correctly, try to run the following command in your game room before you start the game:

====
/ping
====

This will show you your ping results to the remaining players in your room. Ensure that all numbers are somewhere below 500 (lower the better).

Double check if any player is FP to you in your game room. Also check with other players to see if anyone else is FP to someone else.

If all of the above seems to be fine and you are still having trouble, update this post with;

1. A screenshot of your Voobly Network Diagnostic result.
2. Run a speed test on [You must login to view link] and share the results via the 'Share this result' link.
3. An overview of your system resources (CPU, RAM, Disk space and type ... SATA/SSD, Graphic card details, etc)

Most importantly, run the game in single player mode (outside Voobly) and see if you are able to replicate the lag. That way you can narrow down the problem to either a network or a hardware lag.

P.S: I see that you have played quite a few games. Do you lag in 'every single one of them', or is it sporadic?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 9 July 2016 - 2:28 pm by +sunny@voobly
A small amount of lag is pretty normal while playing online. The 0.5 sec negligible lag you mentioned above is pretty normal. The escalated rise to 3 or 4 secs is probably best explained by the type of players joining your room. For an ideal lag free game on Voobly, there are quite a few things that must be in sync (some of which are not entirely in your hands).

1. No players must be fp to any other player in your game room. You may be fine to the other 7 players in your room, but another player in your room may be fp to someone else in your room (there is nothing much you can do about this)
2. If a player has a bad connection (packet drop), it will definitely affect every other player in the room.
3. The geolocation of the player plays a very important role in determining the latency. A player on the opposite side of the planet will definitely add some amount of lag no matter what he does. This may range anywhere from a few milli seconds to seconds depending on the network path. (again not in your control)

In a nut shell, I would advise that you try to zero down your problem by playing with players in your region/ state/ country to get the best latency results. Also ensure that no one is fp to anyone else in your game room before you launch the game. Try to play with different and random players to see if the problem persists in every game you play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 daydara

Edited 9 July 2016 - 3:54 pm by daydara
first thx for your answer .
lag start from my first game just now i lag in all game and whene i play a single game with voobly i lag 0.5s but like this is normal but 1.5s or more its hard to play .
Befor game start i look if they are FP or bad ping and in game if i lag so all must lag but no, only me lag in all player and i ask them alot of time if they lag or no and all say no .
PS: i remember i play this game befor 4 years or more with 56k conection and work very good witout eny lag so how with my conection now i lag like this .

You must login into Voobly to view image

[img][/img][You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
 daydara

Posted 9 July 2016 - 6:57 pm
eny solution plz
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 9 July 2016 - 9:06 pm
There is nothing wrong with your connection and the ping times seem to be fair.

If you are going to ask otehrs in your game room if they see a lag, they will definitely reply with a 'No' for about 1 or 2 secs of lag and that's because this is still not abnormally high.

Try playing a 2 player game (1v1) instead and see if you have the same amount of lag.

Also make sure you are using the recommended game room settings as shown below:
[You must login to view link]

If that does not help either, try to play the game at a lower display resolution and see if there is an improvement, so we can rule out frame rate drop lags.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]___CLAW

Posted 11 July 2016 - 8:32 pm
Start the game in windowed mode and close all other applications while playing game
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]___CLAW

Posted 11 July 2016 - 8:33 pm
Make sure only voobly and age of empires are the only applications running

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts