Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > I have fast proxy when I play AoC, and dont know how to fix it.

I have fast proxy when I play AoC, and dont know how to fix it.

DjungelMax

Posted 7 February 2016 - 10:50 am
Hello, I have just started to play AoC on voobly, but i get fast proxy with almost everyone(maybe 80% of the players) i have read that i have to forward a port to 16000 and I am Pretty sure ive done that. I made a new rule in my fire wall acording to how the guides did it. But I dont see any difference with my fast proxy problem.

I do not own a copy of AoC, so I am using the userpatch for AoE 2 HD.
I have played ONE working game with a guy that i did not have fast proxy with, but it crashed after 15 or so minutes in to the game, until that point the game was smooth.

Does anyone know something I can try to do, to solve this problem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 10 February 2016 - 11:24 am by +sunny@voobly
Are you certain that the port is correctly forwarded on your router? I would suggest that you double check your port forwarding rule to ensure that you are pointing to the right IP.

If you have upnp enabled on your router and/ or Voobly, try disabling that as well. If it still does not work, please post a screenshot of your port forwarding page.

P.S: Feel free to pm me for a more personalized support if you do find me online. I am usually active on all aoc lobbies and avalaible for support.

I look forward to helping you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DjungelMax

Posted 9 February 2016 - 6:02 pm
Thank you very much!
I will do what you suggested and if it do not work i will contact you. ;3happy
Link | Reply | Quote
 DjungelMax

Posted 9 February 2016 - 7:44 pm
Tank you again, I am pretty sure it worked, I have significantly less fp warnings at least and I mainly play 1v1 anyway so this is awesome!
I now know what port forwarding realy is. ;blush
If you hadยดnt mentioned "router" in your reply i never would have figured out!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:19 am
I am glad it worked though you can double check this by running the Voobly Network Diagnostics. That will tell you if you still have a problem. Here is how you launch the Network Diagnostics:

[You must login to view link]

In case of issues, please post the results in here and we will take this ahead.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DjungelMax

Posted 11 February 2016 - 9:33 pm
I ran network diagnostic and it says all pass.
Thank you!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts